Until We Meet Again

Beth just finished frying up some bacon and eggs over easy and took the baked French toast out of the oven. It was her last day at Jake's house before heading back to her mother's house to spend the rest of her stay in the Philippines there. Jake was heading back to California the following morning while Nick, Beth, and Lizzie will follow three days later. Jake sauntered into the kitchen after having just woken up, the delicious smell of cooked bacon wafting throughout the house woke him up.

"Hi, babe, mukhang busying busy ka dyan," he gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

"Hindi naman, tapos na. Come on, let's eat?"

He moved behind her and started kissing her jawline. She reached up behind her and let her fingers tangle in his hair.

"Pinapapak mo naman ako eh."

"I'd rather have you for breakfast, I think," he whispered into her ear.

He spun her around and kissed her on the mouth, their kiss getting deeper and deeper. He lifted her up into his arms and was about to lay her down on top of the island when her stomach grumbled. She moved her lips away from his, clutched her stomach, and laughed.

"Sorry, babe, I'm really hungry."

"It's okay, sayang din naman ang effort mo if we don't eat it," he chuckled good naturedly.

He helped her up and led her to the breakfast nook. He sat down first and just as she was about to pull out a chair and sit next to him, he grabbed her waist and sat her on his lap. She allowed him to do the sweet gesture and picked up a sliver of bacon with her fingers. She took a bite first before feeding Jake, repeating taking turns until he got the last bite, sucking on her bacon flavored finger in the process.

"Sarap," he grinned and winked.

"How about some French toast, babe?"

"You feeding me with your hands again?" he smiled playfully at her.

"No, with a fork! The maple syrup's too sticky and messy."

"Like this?" he stuck his finger in the syrup on his plate and smeared it on her cheek. She gasped in surprise and gasped again when he licked it off of her.

"Baby, our food's gonna get cold..." she turned her body closer to him.

"Microwave."

He carried her to the adjacent entertainment room. He carefully laid her on the couch before laying on top of her, kissing her passionately on the lips. His hands started to wander, touching her front through her thin camisole, and wedged his thigh in between her legs. When she started to move against his thigh, he lost it. He decided she was the most delicious breakfast he's ever had.

They stayed in that position afterwards, his body on top of hers, acting as a human blanket. His one hand cradled her head and as his elbows supported his weight on top of her.

"Maybe I should extend my leave too."

"Babe, I'll be back before you can even have time to miss me."

"Love, you go to the bathroom, and I already miss you," he laughed.

"You're so silly, babe. This will be good for me, to stay with Mama and my brothers before I leave again. I've been holed up here with you while busy taking care of legal things here in Manila," she reached up and kissed his lips.

"I'm just scared to leave you. What if..." his face grew serious.

"Nothing's gonna happen, babe."

"You don't know that. We didn't expect you to get in a car accident last time."

"I know, but we can't live our lives in fear, babe. As much as I love being in our own little world, we do have jobs to do, other people to see, we can't always be joined at the hip. Quite literally, if I may add!" she teased.