Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

"Babe, ayan, late na ako! We couldn't swing by my house anymore," she stepped out of the bathroom snapping an earring on her ear. "How do I look?"

Jake looked up from where he was lacing up his black leather oxford shoes at his girlfriend. She had to borrow one of Jake's striped blue and white long sleeved dress shirts because they didn't have time to go by her house before he dropped her of to work. She wrapped the collar around her chest and buttoned the second button all the way down, giving the illusion of a sweetheart neckline. She tied the arms around her waist, fluffing up the edges to make an oversized bow.

Jake just stared at her, the smooth skin of her décolletage glistening from the sweet pea scented body cream she applied. She was putting her mustard pointy toed pumps on her feet when she felt Jake stoop down behind her and lift her up while planting a kiss on the base of her nape. Beth placed one arm over the arms around her and one arm reached behind her to tangle in Jake's hair.

"Babe, we're gonna be so late."

"It's all your fault if we are. You are so unbelievably sexy...you can have all my shirts," he nibbled her ear lobe and started grazing her legs with the back of his hand. "It's a little short, though, don't you think? Not that I'm complaining." The makeshift dress stopped mid-thigh.

"I know, I'm not used to it either." She broke away from his grasp and grabbed her white blazer and put it over her dress. She started rolling her luggage towards the door.

"Where are you taking your stuff?"

"I'm going home after work."

"Love, no. Okay, I'm sorry for making you late." He grinned mischievously as he remembered why they were late. He had hoisted her over his shoulder after he woke her up and turned on the shower where they proceeded to wash each other's backs and do other not so squeaky clean bath time activities. Suffice it to say, their shower took longer than expected.

She looked at him and frowned. "Uh uh. I know that look. You're not sorry at all!"

"Well, it wasn't fair. I couldn't let you be the only one waking up all vigorously energized," he smirked at her.

She huffed and headed out the door without saying a word. He jogged to her and reached for her bag.

"Seriously, babe. I need to go home. We need a break from each other."

"You're already sick of me?" he pouted. She touched his cheek.

"Babe, being here with you is dangerous to my career. Jenny will fire me for being always late. Besides, aren't you sick of me?" she asked playfully.

"Never! So no staying over for two weeks? I don't think I can survive it, love."

"So dramatic," she chuckled.

"Just move in with me," he told her seriously.

"What?"

"Love, just stay here. Move in with me," he repeated.

Beth looked down and grew quiet.

"Jake, I know we are going so fast, but please, don't say things like that. I'm still old-fashioned. I'm not going to just move in with my boyfriend. I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression..."

"Hey," he interrupted her. "I didn't mean anything by it. I just want you near all the time. If I can be with you 24/7, I will. I'm never going to force you to do anything against your will, okay?"

They were standing by the foot of the stairs engaged in an embrace when Manang Lourdes called them for breakfast. They ate their breakfast of eggs, bacon, and fried rice quickly and headed towards Jake's car.