Chapter 31

Amy was now 8 months and her and baby were doing well, she was driving up to the Post Box when she saw Scott coming towards her with the a trailer.
"Morning Scott, who's in the back".
"Mornin Amy, he's a 5 Yr old Barrel Racer".
"Okay, put him in the round coral for now, I won't be a minute,  just getting the post".
"Is Jack in".
"Yeah, in the Kitchen".
"Okay, see ya in a few minutes".
Amy carried on to the top and turned round then grabbed the post as she made her way back to the house.
"Amy, you look like your ready to pop".
"Believe me I feel like I'm going to pop, this litte one has grown so fast these last six weeks".
Amy sits down putting the post on the Table.
"So, what's the story with the Barrel Racer Scott".
"Sad story really, I got a call to go and Euthanize a Horse and when I got there I asked them what was wrong with him.
They said there's nothing wrong,  they Just can't find a home for it. Nobody wanted him because he was a Barrel Racer and had broke there Granddaughters Back. Apparently he went down rolling top of her. She's 18 yrs old and into Barrels,  Roping ect.
The horse she has is her Roping horse and wanted to do Barrels so the Grandparents bought him for her, she was doing well then at one Rodeo he was acting up and the accident happened.  It turns out she wasn't the only one that day, two others had problems and one of those went down as well, but she was older and threw herself off so she landed on top of the horse".
"So it wasn't the horses fault then".
"No, it was contractor's who put too much sand and didn't compress it down enough so they abandoned the Barrels after her accident".
"Omg, they must of felt Quilty because they bought it".
"That's basically it, there suing the contractor's and so are the others".
"How much do they want for him Scott".
"Nothing, they can't stand seeing him in the field ".
"Well I'll take him, I need to do something else instead now I don't  do Show Jumping with Spartan".
"What Barrels ".
"Yeah, Just Local,  I've worked with Kit's horse and I won that thing that Caleb and Ty entered,  so I think it will be fun and give me something else to do apart from working with troubled horses ".
"Yep, it'll give you a change love  you need to have something else".
"Thank you Grampa,  although I can hear Dad moaning right now".
They laughed knowing what Tim was like.
"What about Ty, do you think he'll mind".
"Scott, he's got his bike and although it's a Rush being on one I don't like him on it , so I will do Barrels".
"That's fair enough ".

Scott gave Amy the ownership papers and a bill of sale even though he was free, then Amy went to see him and feed him. He was a beautiful horse and looked strong, which may have also contributed to the accident if she was only 18 and not strong enough or experienced enough to handle him.

To be continued