Chapter 3

Two weeks later Amy started to come round,  Jack and Lisa were called in as the Doctors had noticed she was in a lighter sleep.
When Amy opened her eye's she went into panic mode seeing the Semi truck bearing down on them.
Lisa and Jack grabbed her shoulders telling her she was in hospital,  after a few minutes she calmed down and threw her arms around them both crying.
"We didn't stand a chance Grampa,  he didn't stop, he just came straight out of the entrance and hit us".
Lisa phoned Ty to say Amy was Awake.
When he walked in Ty Just stood at the end of the bed looking at Amy, Lisa offered to move so he could sit next to her.
"No it's okay Lisa I need to get back to my mum who's lucky to be alive".
Jack doesn't like the tone in Ty's voice as if he's blaming Amy, "Ty, in case you've forgotten Amy could of been killed as well, this is not her fault Ty".
"Well of course you'd say that, I can't believe you were on your phone Amy,  you've never done that and now My Mums in a Coma because of you".
"TY, I wasn't on the phone, Lilly was, talking to Lou ".
"That's convenient isn't it as she's in a Coma and can't say anything ".
Lisa looks at the hate in Ty's eye's and can't believe he's listening to the gossip mill, "Ty, we were all in the kitchen and Lou had her phone on speaker,  we were talking to Lilly about a surprise for yours and Amy's wedding, when we heard them both scream and the impact".
"Well forget the surprise because I can't Marry someone who almost killed my mother,  the engagement is off".
Ty turned and walked out leaving Amy distraught and sobbing.

"Grampa,  why is he saying I was on my phone".
"Well there's witnesses to the accident  who say the Truck came straight out and hit you, the husband and Wife in the car on the other side and a car that was behind you, which confirms what you said, but Val heard one of the Officer's saying that they found your phone on the floor of the truck.
Now she's going round telling everyone she can that you were on the phone and distracted,  she's trying to lessen the impact against her business and her driver".
"What do the Police believe though".
"The've concluded that given where your Truck ended up that he hit you at about 40mph,  according to the drivers mate , he said they were arguing about how fast he was travelling and the driver wasn't watching the road, it was all because Jesse didn't have there paperwork ready and she chewed out the driver, then did the same to Jesse".
"And Ty is believing the gossip mill instead of facts".
Lisa was not happy with Ty, she understood he was worried about Lilly but was going to have words with him.
The door opened and in walked two Police Constables.
"Amy Fleming ".
"Yes, that's me".
"We have a warrant to place you under arrest".
"What".

To be continued