Chapter 26 - Nightmare

I purposely didn't publish this chapter for awhile just because I wanted to keep all ya'll in suspense. Mwahahahaha. That is how evil I am. :D *evil grin* (I had this chapter done on Friday.)

        Please don't kill me. *cowers in the corner*

        (I still can't believe you guys got me up to 3K that fast...)

        I HATE how Wattpad keeps changing the layout! It's SO annoying! Every time I get used to it, they change it! Arg. Anyway, on with the chapter! Enjoy! 

        Isaac

        Isaac rubbed his eyes, Why didn't I wake up earlier? He looked at the rising sun, I must have been really tired.

        He rubbed back of his neck and yawned, Now I have to face Debbie all day. 

        If only he were sick. Then he could stay in bed all day.

        A knock came from the door, "Isaac?" Ma poked her head through the door, "Breakfast is ready."

        Isaac stood up, "I'll be out in a minute."

        "Don't be long, dear," Ma sighed and closed the door behind herself.

        Isaac splashed some water on his face and looked into the mirror above the wash basin to see a foreign face looking back at him.

        To say he looked bad would be an understatement.

        His hair was messed up, his face was beginning to show stubble, and his eyes had no life in them.

        Alex and Henry had already made their beds and were probably in the dining room.

        Time to face the day, Isaac walked out the door and could hear the lively chatter of the Locary and Flure family members.

        He closed the door behind him and bumped into something, "Sorry," A small voice came from below. He turned his head to see Debbie's fear filled eyes before she looked away and scurried into the kitchen.

        Isaac hated to think that she was afraid of him. It gave him a feeling of power, yes, but he still hated it. It made him feel like a bully.

        "He's here," Pa looked at Isaac coming into the dining room, "Let's pray."

<><><><><> 

        Breakfast was just like usual - there was an awkward silence and thick tension.

        Alex was usually the most talkative, but he hadn't been talking much. Isaac and Debbie of course weren't talking either.

        Only Annie carried on as usual, "And then he almost kicked me! I told him that if he did that again, I'd sell him to the Edwards. And then he stopped," She shoveled another bite of eggs into her mouth, "Even Knightly doesn't like the Edwards."

        "Annie," Ma scolded, "Don't talk with your mouth full, and don't talk badly about the Edwards."

        Annie frowned, "Nobody likes them though. Even you and Pa know that they're bad."

        "Annie, remember what the Bible says about judging people?" Ma pointed out.

        "Judge not, that ye be not judged," Annie nodded, "Caroline spreads roomers though, and she gossips."

        "You're gossiping right now, Annie," Ma couldn't keep a smile off of her face.

        Annie stopped mid-bit, "Ohhh..."