Chinese, Pizza, and a Monster or Two

Percy POV

"Dude, I don't know I mean… it's Trin, you know! It's Trin, and we've been friends since kindergarten and it would be so weird… ugh!" Hayden was having a serious argument with himself. It had been exactly two days after Calypso's downfall. It was Wednesday, after school. Four days after Trinity and Hayden's first kiss and he was still not sure what to do about it.

Silena decided she needed some "girl-bonding-time" and so they all had gone out for pizza while us guys had stayed back at the apartment and ordered Chinese. Hayden was so focused on his rant he didn't even notice Grover take a bite out of the Styrofoam cup his hot and sour soup came in.

"You know, Clarisse and me were friends since we were twelve." Chris said, "We ended up pretty well."

"I wouldn't say that exactly, I mean you did end up with Clarisse." Connor shuddered.

"Hey, no smack talking my woman. Besides, you're single." Chris reminded him.

"Pfft, by choice! Dude I have offers coming at me left and right." Connor said. Travis started choking on his noodles.

"You mean that time grandma asked you to go to the Charlie Chaplin marathon with her? Or were you referring to when our five year old cousin, Lindy, wanted to play tea party?" He laughed. Connor turned scarlet.

"Come on, bro, that's cold."

"Says the single twin."

"Can we get back to the issue here?" I interrupted and pointed my chopsticks at Hayden, "I think you should ask her out. She's had a crush on you all year." Hayden chewed nervously on an eggroll.

"I'm not so sure, Perce. I mean what if it gets messed up and then things are awkward…"

"What if it goes perfect and you end up with your first steady girlfriend?" Grover pointed out.

"It's a lot easier to mess up than it is to make it work." Nico said.

"Gee, thanks Nico. You're really helping out here." I said sarcastically. He shrugged and took a bite.

"I'm just pointing out all the options here." He said through a mouthful.

"Well, stop." I said, then turned back to Hayden, "Look, Annabeth and I…"

"Here we go again," Grover groaned, "The epic story of "How Percy Met Annabeth". I swear one of these days someone will write a book about you two."

"We are pretty awesome," I said, "But that's not the point. My point is that almost every guy in here has been with their girlfriend since we were younger, and our relationships have all gone great."

"Except, the first few years Katie totally hated my guts." Travis said, "But once we got together, everything was awesome. I've never been happier."

"Not even that time we tricked that cop into thinking we were the Olsen twins in disguise?" Connor asked, batting his eyelashes mockingly at his brother. Travis considered this.

"Ok, that was hilarious. But still, Katie's the best thing that ever happened to me.

"Gee, thanks bro. Glad to know you care." Connor muttered.

"I agree," Beckendorf said, ignoring Connor, "I can't believe I didn't ask Silena out earlier. What a mistake it was to wait so long."

"Juniper and I have been together longer than any of you." Grover gloated, "Even though sometimes she gets a little protective, I'm nothing without her."

"But what about when you guys all fight with your girlfriends? Aren't you worried that she might leave you?" Hayden asked as he stared dismally into his glass.