Percy is Shot with an Arrow

Percy POV

I offered to walk Annabeth home. Hesitantly, she accepted. Huh, weird…

The air was a little bit chilly, but not too bad. Not as cold as a Laistrygonian Giant's breath, not as hot as the Sun Chariot. Our connected hands swung between us as we walked the three blocks down the street to Annabeth's apartment complex.

"You know, I think I will go early tomorrow. I want to check out my competition," She said with a smirk. A good boyfriend would tell her that she didn't have competition (which she doesn't, of course). A bad boyfriend would tell her to report back to him, telling him who had the most potential for his next girlfriend (And I was planning on never having a girlfriend who wasn't Annabeth). But me, being the stupid boyfriend, said this:

"Don't bring your knife." She raised an eyebrow.

"What? You don't want any of your fans injured?" Oh crap.

"N-no. I just don't… don't want… don't want you to be… to be… uh, arrested?" Smooth, Percy, very smooth. Lucky for me, Annabeth was the best girlfriend in the world and she laughed.

"Terrible save," she laughed. I grinned and kissed the top of her head.

"You know you don't have any competition." I had to squeeze that into the conversation. Red seeped to her cheeks.

"That… is a very good thing to say, I suggest you use that again." She said with a smirk. I grinned as we arrived at her building.

"Do you want me to walk you upstairs?"

"No!" She said quickly. I raised an eyebrow.

"You don't have another boyfriend hidden up there, do you?" I said it like a joke, but honestly I was a little worried. She didn't answer immediately. Switch worried to freaked out of my pants.

"Of course not, Seaweed Brain." She said. Her tone sounded sincere, but I'd learned a long time ago that she was the queen of hiding her emotions.

"Annabeth, what are you hiding?" She pursed her lips.

"Nothing, and if you can't trust me on this…" She used the word "if" that is never good!

"No! Of course I can! You just seem nervous, that's all." Her facial expressions sealed shut.

"Everything's fine, Perce." She said, and smiled. A forced smile, for sure, "Night," She said and bent in for a quick goodnight kiss, "I'll stop by your apartment in the morning and we'll go to school together." She said, "Bye!"

She was in the building before I had a chance to say "goodnight".

Annabeth POV

That was close, I thought, He almost came up here.

"Good thing he didn't," Grover said. I jumped, "Sorry, emotion reading thing, you know?"

"Right." I mumbled, "Where's Juniper?"

"Here!" She yelled from the kitchen, "You can't cook to save your life, but I can." She said and popped her head out, "I made everyone sandwiches!" She said proudly. I smiled.

"They'll be here any minute. Nico said that they would be shadow traveling, but you never know when the Stoll's are involved. Gods I hope Percy doesn't pass them on the street or something…"

"Calm down, Annabeth, these guys are trained prof… well, they're trained." Grover said, "And not even in stealth either… ok maybe you're right." I frowned and fell down onto the couch yawning.