Three More Plus a Punch

Annabeth POV

"Be careful at lunch today," Percy warned me as we walked to the cafeteria.

"Why what happened?" Oh Percy if you messed something up…

"Trinity's suspicious." I stopped walking.

"Suspicious as in she thinks we're you-know-what's, or suspicious as in she only knows something's up?"

"She knows we're different." He said. I bit my lip.

"I'll damage control," I said, "It'll be fine." He looked doubtful. I reached up and kissed him, "Trust me, have I ever been wrong?"

"You used to think that I had a crush on Rachel," He pointed out.

"Oh, so you didn't? That hurts, Perce, that really hurts." An extremely familiar, future-seeing, red head said in mock hurt.

"Rachel!" Percy's face broke into a grin and hugged her. I wasn't jealous anymore; Rachel was Oracle so, by definition, no dating. She might as well be a Hunter.

"Thanks for waiting up for us, Annabeth," She shook her head in disappointment.

"I was tired!" I defended myself as I reached out for a hug, "Mr. Hero over here didn't want to do his homework." She laughed.

"He can go up against a Titan on top of Mt. Olympus but he can't do homework?"

"Dyslexia! Thank you very much," Percy pouted.

"I've got dyslexia too, you know." He said nothing. I won.

"Lets just go to lunch, shall we?" Rachel said. I nodded and grasped Percy's hand.

"Ok, but watch what you say. Mortals are suspecting something." She nodded, probably already knowing.

"Keeping demigodly talk to a minimum." She said and mimed zipping her lips.

I was surprised to find all of our demigod friends sitting with Percy's mortal friends. I guess Silena had recognized Trinity from gym class and everyone else had flocked to the familiar faces.

Katie and Trinity were listening intently to Silena as she whispered something or other. It was likely about boys. Katie had started dating Travis Stoll just a few weeks before me and Percy had gotten together. They were a cute couple, but really unexpected. The Demeter cabin had been the Stoll's main target over the summer. One second they were at each other's throats and the next Juniper finds the two of them kissing near Zeus's Fist. I guess Percy and I could be like that sometimes.

And then there was Trinity who had been pining over Hayden for quite some time apparently. Hayden must be as dense as a brick. Even Grover and Percy had noticed on their own, and he had yet to. I suppose she needed a miracle. A miracle, or the help of a child of Aphrodite.

The Stoll's, on the other hand, were exchanging drachmas underneath the table with poor Nico. Nico was only thirteen but he seemed so much older. I had a suspicion that he was crushing on me, but even the King of Ghosts wouldn't go up against Percy over me. (True fact, MoA)

Juniper and Grover were staring at each other with googly eyes while Thalia mimed gagging to Beckendorf and Hayden. I wonder if Percy and I look like that…

"Look out, your ADHD's showing." He snickered. I realized I hadn't spoken for a few minutes. I elbowed his arm and the three of us walked over to the table.

"Well look at that, Percy found Rachel!" Thalia said and fake clapped.

"It's about time." Grover said.