Meet Hayden Landin

Annabeth POV

"Don't worry about them," He said as we walked to my biology classroom, "How could they possibly compete with the architect of Olympus?" I rolled my eyes.

"Get to class, Seaweed Brain." I said and shoved his shoulder.

"Not quite yet," He said mischievously and tilted my chin up, "I haven't gotten a proper hello yet." I rolled my eyes, but got up on my toes to kiss him.

"See you in Greek," I said and pushed him towards his class. He gave me a lopsided grin, then ran to catch his next class. The smile was still plastered to my face as I walked into the classroom.

"Aaaaannabeth!" A goat bleated.

"Grover!" I said brightly and reached out to hug the satyr. He smelled of grass and… wait, was that aluminum?

"Chiron told me you guys wouldn't be here until tomorrow, though!" He said, "Not that it's a bad thing you're here early, I mean that's great!" He started tripping over his own tongue.

"I decided to come a day earlier than everyone else." I said as a slight tinge of pink colored my cheeks, which Grover noticed. That, and he could read emotions I suppose.

"Don't worry, I get it." He said and looked at a girl over my shoulder. Petite, elfish good looks, green tinged eyes: Juniper.

"You're early!" She squealed and hugged me tight around the waist. For a tree, she's pretty strong!

"Juniper, you're hurting her!" Grover fretted. I winked at him.

"Well anyways, welcome to Goode, Annabeth. Goode luck!" She giggled as she went to stand beside Grover. The ADHD in my brain started thinking about how cute they were as a couple. They were both so in tune with their hippy sides. Juniper's really sweet and headstrong and Grover needs a girl like that. I'm so glad he didn't end up with that blueberry bush. She was as mean as the gorgons! I mean really, Grover, just because a plant has fruit doesn't make her sweet…

"Please take your seats so that we may begin todays lesson." The teacher called as he walked in and set a stack of paper onto his desk. The students around me seemed to sit at random, so I took a place beside the boy I had seen talking to Percy this morning, Hayden I believe.

I was grateful to Mr. Brynn for not making me introduce myself to the class like most teachers. It's not like any of these kids really cared. The only interesting things about myself are things that I wouldn't tell them anyways.

Hayden kept looking at me funny, there was a look in his eyes that said he was thinking hard about something or other. During our work time, I asked him about it.

"You're looking at me kind of strange, you know?" I said. He blushed.

"You just look familiar, have we met?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Doubtful, I just got here. I'm Annabeth Chase." I said and held out my hand. Hayden shook it cautiously, like I would explode or something.

"Hayden Landin." He said. You could almost see the light bulb go off over his head, "Annabeth! My friend mentioned that name earlier, and I think he showed me a picture of you, too. Do you know Percy Jackson?" He asked.

"We've met before," I said elusively. Hayden smirked triumphantly.

"I knew it! You know, he's been telling everyone that you're his girlfriend." He informed me. I chuckled.

"I certainly hope so," And cue the shocked look.

"Wait, so it's the truth?" Grinning, I nodded.

"Yep, every word." Probably, Percy tended to stretch the truth just a bit.

"So you're the famous Annabeth? From San Francisco?"

"That would be me."

"The super smart one?"

"Yep."

"The one who wants to be an architect?"

"Yes, sir."

"The one he met at summer camp?"

"The very same."

"The one that looks like a goddess?" That one made me burst out laughing, earning me a glare from the teacher.

"You two stop flirting and take notes." He barked. I rolled my eyes. Please, like I would ever be caught dead flirting with anyone, let alone the mortal. Besides, I'd learned this subject already.

"That would be a matter of opinion," I whispered back to Hayden, "But you have been talking to a biased person." It was a very Percy-esque thing to say.

"Well then it's nice to meet you." Hayden said with a chuckle.

"You too, Percy's mentioned you. You guys swim together, right?"

"Swim, yes. Together, no. Percy's too fast for me." That cheater.

"Percy's half-fish. There's nobody faster than he is." I told him. Hayden smirked.

"I believe it, the guy's a freakin' machine!" I grinned with pride. That's my fish boy. You hear that mortal girls? My fish boy.

"So I've heard." He seemed to catch onto the slight edge to my tone.

"You've met the fans, I see?" He said, "I wouldn't worry about them if I were you. They're just irritating, but most of them are harmless." He said the words "most of them" rather quickly.

"Which of them aren't harmless?" I asked.

"The self-imposed president and her sidekick. At least, that's what we call them." Hayden said, "Their names are Calypso* and Victoria. Perce has Calc with them this hour actually. Poor guy."

"What makes them different from the rest of the girls?" I asked.

"For one thing they have influence. Everyone hates them, but Calypso's mother is a model, and Victoria's dad is some big-time lawyer. These girls have some serious strings to pull and they are not afraid to use them. Plus, and I hate to admit this," He said with a groan, "they're really hot. I'm talking drop dead gorgeous. The other fans, they either look like clowns with skimpy skirts, or they try to look like that and miserably fail." So they're pretty girls with influential parents. My mother's the goddess of wisdom for Zeus's sake!

"I think I can take them," I said with confidence. Hayden shook his head.

"You don't understand, they're persistent. These girls have asked out Percy every other day the entire year. They hired a bunch of musicians, performers; a lot of these different stunts to guilt him into saying yes. But he always said no. He told me he was more scared of you finding out than he was of getting sued by Victoria's father." Considering the fact that my mother could blast him to oblivion, that I would kick his butt all the way to Tartarus, and the celestial bronze knife strapped to my side, I could believe this.

"Good, I've trained him well." I joked. Hayden grinned, then continued with his profile on Calypso and Victoria.

"Eventually Victoria stopped trying and she became Calypso's wing-woman. They haven't tried anything on Percy for a few days, which means they're planning something huge. I'd watch your back if I were you." He warned me. Sweet of him to warn me.

"I'll keep that in mind, thank you." I said.

*Percy never went to Ogygia, Calypso's OOC