Surprise!

A/N Just FYI this fanfic was written BEFORE MoA, so it was written BEFORE readers found out about Nico's sexuality. I promise, this all used to be canon, and I didn't intentionally change his sexuality. I totally ship Solangelo. Enjoy the story folks. 

Last year I was the loser freshman who blew up a cheerleader. No girl but Rachel would dare talk to me because their status on the social ladder would drop down a ledge or two.

It is truly amazing what a battle-filled summer can do to a guy.

Two Months later~ October

"So Percy, there's that Sadie Hawkins dance coming up..." The girl drawled. On the inside, I groaned.

"Uh... yeah, I heard..." I said absently as I gathered books from my locker.

"Are you gonna go... do you think?" She asked and twirled a piece of hair between her fingers.

"I've uh... I've got a thing." I mumbled.

"Oh, well, maybe next time." She said, and took the walk of rejection back to her friends. I banged my head against the locker door. I mean really, do they ever let up? I'd almost rather blend in again.

"Another hopeful member of the Jackson Fan Club?" Hayden smirked as he walked up next to me. I nodded.

"That's the third one today." I said and slammed my locker, "This Sadie Hawkins thing is really gonna kill me." Right after the monsters do. Hayden rolled his eyes.

"Remind me why you say no to the hottest girls in this school again?" He asked as we walked through the halls.

"Because of my girlfriend," I repeated, "Annabeth, remember?"

"Ah yes, the girl you photo shop into all those pics of you and Grover." We had this conversation a lot.

"I'm telling you, she's real."

"Well then why don't you call her?" Because using a phone will attract even more monsters.

"Because I'm out of minutes for the month."

"Just like you were last month... and the month before that..." He grinned at me, "Dude, you know we don't care if you actually like guys and this is just a cover story, right?" I laughed.

"You wish, Landin." I said as we entered the pool for swim practice. Hayden punched my shoulder.

"Just get in the pool, Captain."

Grover POV

"Come on, you can't really believe his whole girlfriend story." Trinity said at lunch before Percy got there, "I mean he makes her sound so... perfect." Ha! Annabeth, perfect, maybe in her own mind. And Percy's too... but that's not the point!

"Oh I believe him, I've met her." Trinity raised an eyebrow at me.

"Sorry Grover, I just can't." She apologized. I shrugged just as Percy and Hayden walked up. The change in Trinity was so obvious even I noticed it (and that's saying something!). She sat up straighter, started messing with her long, dark hair.

"Hey guys," Percy greeted us as he took a seat next to me.

"Hey," Trinity said, but she wasn't looking at him.

"Sup, Trin." Hayden greeted her. She blushed.

Ah, young love.

Speaking of which, here comes my girlfriend, Juniper. Wow, she was beautiful. To think I'd crushed on that one blueberry bush once...