Studying

Annabeth POV

"I'm bringing a real knife to school tomorrow." Those girls were gonna pay!

"Don't do anything rash…" Percy said, squeezing my hand. We were walking back to his apartment from school and I was finally let out the frustration.

"I mean the nerve of asking you out while your girlfriend was sitting right there!"

"I can't help that I'm so attractive," He smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm serious, you know."

"Yes, I know." His eyes glinted, "Which is why I'm going to be checking all of your pockets before school tomorrow."

"I have my ways of sneaking knives places, Seaweed Brain." I said as we walked into his building.

"You should go to the fan club meeting tomorrow morning," He said, "That would be the best place to kick all their butts at once."

"Oh you just want an excuse to go see all the girls fawning over you."

"Untrue! I want to see my beautiful Wise Girl beat up the girls that have been irritating me all year." Cue the blush.

"Touché." I said.

"Which means…?" I raised an eyebrow.

"It's an expression, it means good one, basically."

"So I won?" I sighed.

"Yes, Percy. Just this once, you won." I relented. He grinned.

"Could you repeat that?" He said.

"You won an argument against me! Happy?"

"Now was that so hard?" At this point, I punched him. And it hurt. Serves him right.

"Mom I'm home!" Percy yelled, massaging his shoulder. Sally came out of the kitchen with a smear of flour across her forehead.

"Annabeth!" She said and ran to hug me, "Percy what happened to your arm?" She asked, still hugging me.

"He was being stupid again." I explained. She laughed.

"Cookies coming out soon, kids!" She said and walked back into the kitchen, "Are you staying for dinner, Annabeth?" She called.

"Yes!" Percy answered for me, "We'll be in my room!" He yelled and dragged me down the hall.

"I'm perfectly capable of answering for myself, you know." I said as I plopped down on his bed. He sat down at my feet and leaned against the wall.

"I needed to be certain of your answer." He said. I rolled my eyes and pulled out my civics textbook. Percy groaned and covered his face with a pillow.

"Do we have to do homework?" He whined.

"If we don't start now, we'll have to do it later." I said and started taking notes. Percy, on the other hand, remained where he was.

"Come on Annabeth, lets just take a break for an hour. Or two…"

"No."

"Pretty please?"

"Not going to happen."

"I'll be your best friend?"

"I already have a best friend."

"Ouch," I sighed.

"Just do your homework, Percy." He gazed at me with his big green eyes.

"Will you do it for me?"