Episode 5.3

I don't say anything further. A ghost. What else to say now?

The next day, some of the wires and instruments were reduced, but the heart monitor is still attached to him so he can't go anywhere right now. I will ask him every detail of that day once he gets well a bit. Well enough to remember everything. Till then I'm doing my best for taking care of him. Making him eat properly, giving his medicines on time, helping to change his bandages, trying to make him sleep, this one's hard. He has a fear that ghosts will haunt him again in his dreams. But still, with some coaxing, stroking hairs, or rubbing his back, I make him sleep every time. And yeah, plenty of water is a must too.

I was out for a bit to bring him some snacks. I came back and saw him meddling with something. "Don't mess with your IV, Joshua." I scold him. The doctor has inserted an IV in his hand, to maintain his blood pressure. He hates it. 

He was quietly munching on crackers while I was watching him eat. He saw me and offered the packet to me, I shook my head. "You eat," 

I'm thinking. I'm thinking about what I should do once he gets discharged from here. Because I certainly do not want him to go back in the same life. He'll keep getting hurt then. And I'll never let that happen again. I'll bring him out of this cycle somehow I know that. Because I never give up. And here, it's a matter of my own boyfriend so how can I let that go so easily. But what should I do? I need to know first what this ghost thing is. 

"Where were you?" he asked abruptly

"Huh? When?" 

"That day,"

I remained silent for a while then thought I should tell him the truth, "I went for the interview,"

He only said, "Oh," and start eating from his packet again.

"I got it," I spoke after a short pause.

"What?"

"The job. I got the job," I said without looking at him, what's the use now, there's nothing to be happy about it, how I imagined his reaction if I had told him the first day, "I'm starting from Monday," I said

He put his packet aside, came closer, and hugged me. "I knew it. I believed you," he said smiling. Wait, this is, surprising? He isn't angry with me? "I'm so proud of you, you're the best," Only he's the one who can bring tears to my eyes. I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his shoulder. 

"I love you," he said and I couldn't stop my tears to fall. I hugged him tightly and hid my face in the crook of his neck. I know he could hear me crying. He started rubbing his hand on my back like how I always do to him. I never knew it felt this good. 

After letting out all my emotions, I looked at him, "I'm sorry," I said. He wiped my tears with his hands. It feels so strange but I like it. Now, I'm realizing how much I craved for it. 

He kissed me with his cracker crumbs lips. "Now, you're strong too," he said smiling, "Like me,"

I laughed. I've chosen the right person in my life. "Not more than you," I said cleaning his mouth with my hands.

"I'm sorry I told you not to go," 

"Don't be sorry, I shouldn't have. You're here because of me,"

"No, it's not your fault, you didn't do it," he said, "It was that clown-" he stopped himself.

"Clown?" I frowned. "A clown did this to you?"

He hesitated to say anything. "Tell me about it, baby," I said touching his face.

"Yes, it was a ghost clown," he said

Ghost clown? I knew it, his answer will be something like that. But I'll believe his words this time. Why would he lie about it? I took his face in my hand and stared into his eyes. These two little eyes see things that a normal person can't. Out of this world things. "Are you sure it was not a person?" I ask him again.

"No, it was a ghost," he said earnestly. "It had fangs. Humans don't have fangs,"

"Fangs?" My voice came out a little louder. It reminded me of something I saw. I thought for a second, then said again, "Was it wearing a yellow cap?"

"Yes," he nodded. 

"A green jumper?" I said and he nodded again. I closed my eyes and try breathing longer. I think I know something, and it's really terrifying. Now I just need to go back to that house to confirm what I'm thinking is true. And if it is, then there's gonna be a hella big problem. I opened my eyes and looked at him, one thing is already confirmed, 

This boy is something special.