Episode 4.5

I take out two pills and mix them in his orange juice. It will keep him asleep for at least 12 hours. It's enough time for me to go and come back till the evening. And one more benefit, he won't see any ghosts or his imaginary entities. So that will be killing two birds with one stone. Nice! I'm amazing.

"Joshua? Breakfast is ready, baby."

"Coming,"

I made a whole breakfast. I need him to eat a lot before I come back. Fish, toast, veggie salad, omelet, fruits, I made him eat everything bit by bit.

"Now, your juice," I said

"My tummy is full,"

"You have to drink it,"

"No, I can't-"

"Don't you wanna be stronger?" I picked up his glass and made him drink it. "C'mon, quick, quick," he finished it in one go. "Yes, that's my baby," He did a small burp. Now, I'm satisfied, he won't be hungry for the next few hours.

He went back to finish his painting. I just have to wait until he falls asleep. Till then, I washed the dishes and did some cleaning around. I still have some time to kill, so I'm lying on the couch, searching for something on my laptop.

After some time, he came in the living room, put aside my laptop, and lied cuddling with me. "Are you feeling tired?" I asked. He shook his head.

Complete silence for a while.

"I love you," he said looking into my eyes. Just what's with this boy? Why did he have to say this? Now? It's making me feel bad. But I have to say it back because I do love him so much.

"I love you too," I said, he smiled. He started tracing his fingers on my face. I was noticing his every gesture. He stopped at my lips and caressed them softly. It's his thing, he's asking for a kiss.

"Wanna kiss?" I said. He nodded so slightly. "Come closer," I whispered. He leaned in, parted his lips and I captured them in mine. I feel like I'm melting every time I kiss him. It makes me forget all my tension and worry. I could always feel his every touch on my skin. His one hand on my chest, the other on my face. 

This is not a soft kiss, he's enjoying it too much. No, he's not supposed to, he needs to sleep. But I can't control myself either. My hand lands on his back automatically and pulls him closer. Gosh, I love kissing him so much.

After a minute, he breaks away abruptly. His eyelids are droopy, he's looking confused. "What?" I say in a hoarse whisper.

"Nothing," he said and brushed his lips to mine lazily. The pills are showing their effect. "I'm feeling...drowsy," he mumbled against my lips.

"It's okay," I said, "You can sleep," I put his head on my shoulder and started stroking his hair slowly. He fell asleep in some five minutes. I gently put his head on a cushion and laid a duvet upon him. Stage one complete. Next,

I quickly go to the bedroom, change into some formal clothes, a black-tie on the white shirt, wear my watch, do my hair like a gentleman, spray a mild perfume. Perfectly ready for the interview. I go downstairs and take my documents and other stuff I'll be needing.

I looked at my boyfriend, sleeping calmly with his curled small fists. I go and kiss his cheek, "Sleep well my love, I'll be back soon," I whispered in his ear and go towards the exit. But before, I think to check the whole house again. I need to make sure he stays safe. I go upstairs, lock the sliding glass door of the balcony, then the bedroom door, come down, lock the door to the backyard, push down the blind curtains, then go to his art room. I was going to close it too when I noticed the painting he was making.

It's a clown. Yellow hat, red hair, white face, black eyes, red nose, blue mouth, striped green jumper, a big toothy grin. Why does it have fangs? Every color is blending in with one another. It's looking so sinister and terrifying. Why does he make things like that? Well, I don't like to stay in this room much, so I slammed the door shut. I turn off every light in the house, and I'm set to go. Lastly, for the final safety,

I lock the front door from outside.