Episode 2.2

The cut is slightly big so a bandage won't do. I brought a first-aid kit and made him sit on the couch. He has stopped crying but his eyes are still glossy with tears. I dip a cotton swab in an anti-septic and carefully wipe his wound. 

"Ahh!" He winced in pain and retrieved his hand back. 

"Does it hurt?" I said, he nodded. It'll be hard if he feels pain. I think of something, "Do you remember when we went to the zoo?" 

"Yes,"

"Close your eyes," I said. He did. "What did we see there?"

"Elephant," 

"And?"

"Giraffe,"

"And?"

While he was chanting each animal's name, lion, deers, buffaloes, apes, and monkeys, I took his hand and did my work. He didn't realize at all. "We saw a peacock too, right?" I said.

"Yeah, a peacock,"

"What colors were its feathers?" I picked up a gauze strip and start dressing his wound. Just how did he get a cut this big from a mug? It's really hard to understand how he does things.

"Green, um, blue...and brown?"

"Here, we're done," I said, tying a knot.

 He opened his eyes and checked his hand. "It won't bleed now?"

"No," I picked him up and make him sit on my lap. "What scared my little baby? Hm?" I asked him softly. I noticed there was a small bloodstain on his face. I licked my thumb and wiped it.

"A ghost," he answered so innocently, then looked at the kitchen side and hid his face in the crook of my neck. I caress his head and glance where he was looking just now. Nothing. He's frightened so easily so when he doesn't know what scared him, then he says it was a ghost. And I always smile. 

'He's afraid. I know he's gonna have a bad dream tonight.'

And I would ask him what he saw. He would probably say how someone was trying to kill him and I wasn't there. Then I would hug him close and say 'I'm here'.

"Look at me," I whispered in his ear. He lifted his face, the glossiness was still there in his eyes. I know he is suppressing his tears back. "Wanna have ice cream?" I asked, he nodded. "Stop crying then," 

He puts his both hands on the eyes and rubs them clean. "I'm not crying now," 

I chuckle at his cuteness, "Let's go, shall we?"

I put on a cap on him and make him wear my shirt. It's large on him and covers his torso completely. The sun is still radiant, so I need to make sure he's covered. I took him to an ice cream parlor today and ordered a sundae for him. Ice creams always seem to make him happy. I rest my chin on my hand and just watch him. 

"Is it tasty?" I said.

"Yeah,"

"Can I have a taste?" 

"Here," he says giving me a spoonful of it.

I put it aside and kissed him. "Hm, it's sweet. Chocolate, and vanilla?" I say licking my lips. He blushed so hard and I enjoyed it. 

"Where are we going?" he asked walking beside me, his fingers intertwined with mine. I'm not intending to go home right now. I want him to spend some happy time outside. It's almost evening, that hot ball in the sky has cooled down a bit. 

"Art museum," I said. I definitely know he likes it so I don't ask him. 

We spent some hours there. I love how Joshua gets so excited if something is related to art. For his joy, I was asking him about the paintings and sculptures present in that museum, although I have no interest in them. And he was explaining each of them gracefully, so I had to listen to him attentively. Because I love his soft voice.

Soon he gets tired, so we go to a restaurant, eat his favorite dish, then come back home. By the time we reach, the moon is up in the sky. I didn't know today was a full moon.

After reaching home, I picked him up like a koala bear. I love to hug him like that
When he relaxes himself in my arms. I took him to the bedroom and he fell asleep on my shoulder in the way. He's sleeping so soundly. Must be too tired. 

I don't want him to have any bad dreams tonight.