Episode 4.6

13 missed calls from the contact: My precious 

My interview went better than I thought. They said they'll call me tomorrow if I'll be joining. I have a feeling that I might be going on my job soon. Well, nothing bad happened which Joshua was talking about. Until. I saw my phone when I was going toward my car to go back. Thirteen missed calls from him. He wasn't asleep? 

I know he'll be angry that I went without telling him, but his anger doesn't stay longer. An Icecream and it'll melt like itself. I started my car, put my phone on the car's mobile holder and called him. He picked up on the third ring. "Baby, I'm sorry I was-"

"I think- I think I... I think I need help..." he was crying, he seemed scared by his voice.

I stopped the car immediately and put my phone on my ear, "What happened? Where are you?" 

"Help me...please co- come back,"

"It's okay, I'm coming, where are you?"

"H-Home. It... it hurts...my h-head," 

"I'm on my way, I'm coming, I'm coming,"

"I'm..... I'm bleeding, please help- help me,"

"What's happening there?" 

The line cut off from the other side. I started the car and pulled my gear at full speed. I am calling him again and again, but he isn't picking up. I'm panicking. I'm panicking really bad. I can feel the sweat coming from my forehead and my chest tightening. My head's making different bad scenarios. What could have happened? Did anyone break into the house? His head's bleeding? Did they attack him? If that's so then the attacker might still be there. No, no, no, no. It can't happen, I locked the house quite well. Or it might be that he hurt himself? 

I pulled the brakes just outside the house, pushed the car door, and didn't bother to shut it. Hurriedly, I pace toward the front door, it's still locked from outside. I opened it and ran through the hallway. "Joshua?"

Everything seems to be the same as I left them. The curtains are still down, the lights are off, the backyard door intact and still locked, but he wasn't on the couch. I couldn't see better so I turned on the living room lights. 

Oh my God! What the hell did just happen here? The Livingroom! It's a mess. The broken pieces of table glass were shattered on the floor, the wing chair, floor lamp, flower vase, and every other stuff were spread here and there, showing signs of struggle.

And there's blood. Blood everywhere. On the carpet, the floor, bloody fingers on the wall, the exit door, it was also smeared by bloody hands. My breathe is getting shallow and my bile is coming up to my throat. I close my eyes. I can't believe it's real. I'll open them and it'll be a dream. Right?

No, it is not. It is not.

 Ok, I've to get a hold of myself. First, find my boyfriend. I run to see every room, every corner. "Joshua?" I was yelling his name. He wasn't in the kitchen, the storeroom, not out in the backyard, then I saw the door of his art room was opened. I quickly went there, the painting of that clown was on the floor, but he wasn't there. I came into the hall, my eyes went to the blood on the steps. Bedroom. I ran fastly. Not here too. 

"Joshua, where are you?" I shout. I think for a second then call on his number. It's ringing somewhere around me. The sound's coming from the balcony, but the door is locked. I frowned and went to check.

My heart stopped right there.

 He's lying unconscious in the blood pool, his phone ringing beside him. He's hurt so badly. Small glass pieces have made cuts to his body. His arms, his hands, his face, all cuts, and blood. His head is still bleeding. 

The door isn't opening, I'm trying. Wait. No way. It's locked from his side. I start banging on it and calling his name, "Joshua!" I was slamming my fists so hard on the glass pane. "Joshua, open it!" Of course, he can't hear me. "Damn it!" I kick it hard. It won't work like that. I need to break the glass. Think. Think. Think. Or it'll be too late.

The glass breaker keychain! I always have it in my car for emergencies. I instantly run downstairs, out to my car, and try to find it. "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, where is it?" 

I was just getting frustrated when I saw a red thing under the back seat. Found it. I run back quickly. I was successful to break the glass, though it was my first time trying it. I cover my hand with my handkerchief and unlock the door from another side. He's entirely in blood. But rather than moaning, my first priority was to check his heartbeat. I turned him and placed my ear on his chest,

Thank god!