Episode 5.1

I got the job. But at what cost.

Day second since the incident. Joshua hasn't woken up yet. The doctor says he will soon. So I'm still waiting here, sitting at the stool all day and night. I want him to see me first when he opens his eyes.

Yesterday, I went and told everything to the police. I thought it was the right thing to do. Because it could be that the clues or evidence might disappear in few days. They went to the house with me and I let out everything in front of them. Where I was, what I did before going, about the phone call, and where I found Joshua. They asked for my alibi and I let them call the company to which I visited for the interview. They checked the whole house, I also told them the scenarios I was thinking, that how someone can come inside when the doors were still locked. And the good thing is, they considered it.

When they couldn't find any clue about the burglar, they thought to check the fingerprints and blood that was on the floor. It can prove if someone broke into the house.

I got a call a few minutes back. From the company. I'm joining from next Monday. Surprisingly, I'm not that excited now.

My phone rang again. It's the police officer who I met yesterday. "Hello?" I said

"I have news. We couldn't find anyone else's fingerprints except you two," he said

"What? Are you sure about it?"

"Yes, the team did your whole house scanning. And if you were out of town, it means no one else was present at the time of the incident."

"But, you yourself have seen the condition of the house. Do you think Joshua did all of that?"

"I know but sorry, we can't do anything if there's no clue. Do you have any suspects in your mind? Who could do that."

"Uh, um...no. He doesn't have any relations here,"

"Ok, then, we'll call you again if we find something related to it,"

"Okay, thank you so much for your time," I cut the phone.

I released a deep sigh. So, what exactly did happen there? How can he hurt himself that badly? Was it really.....a ghost? For real? What the hell is happening? I'm getting frustrated. I'm leaving all my work to stay here while I have things to prepare before the job, someone hurt my boyfriend and the police say there was no one in the house at that time, and when he'll wake up, most possibly he'll say it was a ghost and I'll have no other choice but to believe him. To believe a ghost did it. And what am I supposed to do to a ghost? Punch it? Kick it? Put it into jail when I can't even see it? Worse thing, we'll have to go back to that house and his cycle of nightmares and hallucinations will start again. And I'll never ever be able to leave his side because he'll get scared.

Can I say something?

I'm so tired. I don't want to be strong for some time. I'm fed up with all this. I can't do this anymore. I need someone to hug me and say it'll be alright, that nothing is real, it's just a bad dream. Like how I assure my boyfriend.

I come outside of the room, I need some fresh air to breathe. The air of this world. Sometimes I think to leave this city and go back to my parents, my own home.

But leaving isn't the answer to everything. I'm not a person who runs away from trouble. I know it's hard living with Joshua, but I can't give up on him just like that. I won't. Never in this life. He needs me and I need him. If I call it suffering then he suffers more than me. Coping with nightmares every night, not being able to sleep, and who knows if he does see ghosts. And they do scare, touch and hurt him. He never complains to me, never fights with me, though he's going through this much. Always stay happy and cheerful around me. Where can I find one like him?

He's so naive and gullible, an easy target to people spreading their arms around him like predators. And on top of that, if I leave him too, no, he'll be all alone, all by himself, he doesn't have anyone here. I love him so much, why am I talking about abandoning him? I shake my head to discard these thoughts, go back, and sit beside him on the bed. He's still lying unconscious. I brush hairs from his forehead,

"Please wake up, I need you,"