Orphans and Crime

I sprint from the ally as the dark figure starts chasing me. " Aren't we 'partners in crime'!" he yells "You can't run away from me, and you can't break it off," with a smirk as he tackles me to the floor. " We are the closeted thing YOU have to family," he continues with his club in hand. " I can't do this! Not since one of us died! After he got arrested and put on the news and..." I begin to sob. I've never thought that this stuff will reach such little known people like us. " It was too late for him, We all knew that as soon as that officer put those handcuffs on him that he was gone," he says loosing up "Remember that promise we made that year we got out. To stick together?" I suck back my tears as rage fills me "I didn't mean like this," I whisper dangerously quite. I leap up and kick him in the face and run away. " I didn't want us to end up like this" I repeat over and over as I escape the ally before an arm catches me and punches me nocking me to the ground. "Together till death" he says kicking me and bludgeing me in the head repeatedly. I grasp for life as I feel the blood from my nose and ears running down my face. I can't. I just can't. I feel my life escape my breath. I faintly hear a car skid towards me. "GET IN" is the last thing I hear as I get up with all my strength and claw my way into the car. I try to look at who it was to end up passing out on the seat.

(Ls POV)
"Watari, drive around some more" I request as we drive back to the hotel. I had just gotten done with a school ceremony with Light, my prime suspect for Kira. It is almost a 45% chance that he is Kira. I lie to him to keep his petty emotions in check, even to the task force. If they truly knew what I thought they would instantly turn on me. It is a shame to have to work with others, I just hope they do not drag me down. Watari makes a u-turn. I asked Watari to do so because I rarely ever see the sun. Only that's changed since this case . That way I get to see the world in a bubble of metal or a bubble of security people. Kira has to be close. He is too childish to not accept such a challenge as me coming out into the light. I gaze upon the world until it gets dark, "Watari turn here," I command "Are you sure, this is a pretty shady part in the city," I don't respond as he sighs and turns. I just need a better lead just to prove I'm right. Like I said, it is a shame. I gaze out the window till I find my balance. I will find him. "Watari!" I yell as my center is broken as I see a female being beaten to a pulp. "You can't risk someone in this area seeing you," Watari says as he almost passes them "WATARI NOW," I say as he skids the limo as I open the door saying "GET IN!" She crawls in leaving the man chasing after us waving his bloody club around. She passes out. "We are to interrogate her to see if she knows about Kira and his intentions, if not we will see what use she can be to us." I state bluntly as we go back to the hotel room.