Alias

I change the channel to the only entertaining thing on tv. To the only thing worth watching now and days. The news. Just as I here's knock on my door, "I just wanted to run a small expire meant through before I put it in action, it's for my top suspect for Kira," L says walking in. "Uh- sure I guess," I mute the TV. "You already found him?" I question "I believe I have, I just need to test him some more," he says pulling out pictures from his faded jeans. "These messages were written just before the death of some prisoners. Please, tell me what you make of them," he handed me the pictures of walls and floors.

Uh- I don't no what to say of them! I look them over for a good minute before I speak. "I looked them over but none of it adds up! The time date says the order is one way but if you only read the first character of each column it says something, but the time stamps! It this all of it?!" I question still looking at it. I look at it for another minute before giving up.

I look up at L actually getting a good look at him as he sat (if you could call it sitting) at the bed to the right of me. He has dark black raven hair with pale skin making his jet black eyes pop out even more. I only realize that I'm starring when Watari snaps me out of it by walking into the room with a trolly thing.

"Cake?" I question as Watari hands L and I a piece. "-I mean, thank you Watari," I correct myself as I take a bite . As Watari left with the trolly I look back at L. "Uh- so why cake L?" I say as he takes a bite of the strawberry. "Sweets enforce my deduction reasoning." He says forthrightly starring at me. "To be honest L" he cuts me off "Oh, I almost forgot to tell you, please, don't call me L. I need you to refer to me by my alias Ryuzaki. And since we are officially in this case together I suggest you stick with your alias 'Martha Grace' I also suggest you come up with a back story because it's American and you obviously look like your from America." He's right. I do look like an American, when I was little I used to entertain the thought that my parents are actually rich and famous, but they know they can't offered to raise me there because 'bad people' are after them and they would come back to rescue me. When really, they just wanted to stay as far away from me they put me in an orphanage half way across the world. "Ok," I mumble taking a couple more bites of the strawberry cake.

We sit in silence as L waits for a response from me. "I can't make anything of it except for the fact that if I arrange it the way the time stamps say it say 'L did you know, Love apples, gods of death' but that would mean that it's missing something in order to make sense of it right? But I could arrange it so it says 'L did you know, gods of death, Love apples, but that's still wrong." I find my nail find the familiar place on my thumb, it's probably the only thing keeping me from yelling in frustration.

"I highly recommend you don't do that to yourself," he says without blinking or breaking eye contact. Before I could say anything in retaliation he speaks again. "Your answer was correct, and confirmed my beliefs of you." He says while setting his empty plate. "Which would be what?" I ask as he stands up. "You are going to be important for this case wether you realize it or not. Even if you aren't from a detective point of view. Your street smart, you can handle pain, but pain can be your down fall. Your self conscious. Not by appearance but by how you impress others. You're different Mrs. Grace, not just personality wise but because your one of the very few females I've been able to talk to face to face." He says placing his thumbnail up to his lip.

"Oh? Why is that then? Do you just not go outside on your own?" I say with a laugh. "Yes," he answers with those black orbs he calls eyes, yet some how- what? Oh right! Awkward situation.

"O-oh, uh sorry..." I trail off. "I said stop doing that." He says looking at my hand again. "Actually I'm going out later today with my suspect for tennis, I would invite you to come, but obviously your in no shape to be outside.