Matsuda

"We're still outside Sokura TV as you can see a police car has just arrived," the lady's voice said on TV. I scoff to myself, "Like that'll help," I mumble under my breath. "...there are still other officers out there that are willing to stand up to Kira." The man next to me says over lapping what I mutters to myself. "Mr. Izawa," Ryuzaki says as Izawa jerks up. "You know deputy directer Kita Moras cell phone number right?" He asks not turning his head. "Uh-yeah-I" he grabs his phone and quickly looks for the contact and handing the phone to him.

I hear a muffled voice come from the other end answer. "This is L," he sates into the phone while only holdin it up with his index and thumb. " there's something I need you to do for me, there may be police officers who will see this broadcast and will move to take action in the name of justice." He says to the other line as I soak up every word he says. "If we don't take control of the situation there will be a disaster," he says as the muffled voice responds. "Ah! Two police officers have just collapsed on the sidewalk..."

'My god this things getting out of control' I think to myself. Why does everything feel so... Déjà vú like? Why the hell do I feel like this has happened before?! College- wait no, I've never been to college. Why the hell would that pop into my brain at a time like this? No, no... a childhood story maybe? Can't have been, the orphanage was crap.

"Call him back immediately and give me back the phone." Ryuzaki says as I get pulled out of my thoughts. Watari hands him the phone. I hear a voice on the other end as Ryuzaki responds "Yes it's me, Mr. Yagami so your the one driving the police van." He states in a somehow sarcastic yet monotone way. The muffled voice answers. "But what about your condition are you alright?" He asks the other line "I would think so," I blurt out causing more attention then I need. "Please hold the line for a sec." He requests putting the other phone up to his ear. As he tells that line if the condition and location of Mr. Yagami. "Are your preparations complete?" He says as the line responds. As he switches to the other and tells him to go outside in the front entrance.

As we look on tv the whole place gets swarmed with police officers wearing masks covering their faces and later the news camera gets shoved out of the way. "Can I have one of those?" I ask jokingly yet again getting awkward stares. Why do I even bother. "So I guess it's over huh," the man next to me asks me. "I'm Masuda by the way," he says with an outstretched hand. "Yeah- um I'm Martha," I say sheepishly to my new crony as I accept the hand. "It won't be over until we catch him." A voice behind us says standing up from his crouched position onto the floor. "There you have it the police force refuses to cooperate with Kira and they are preparing to fight and as much as I fear for my own life in saying so this is right." The man on the other TV says "Damn strait." I say as Matsuda lets out a laugh making me blush just a slight bit. The man on the tv continues as I try to review through everything. Again, why the hell does it feel so familiar? I don't like not knowing. It- bothers me. I can't shake the feeling. It's just an itch that's will not satisfy without an answer.
My thoughts, yet again are rudely interrupted by a door opening "Chief Yagami," Masuda says next to me as Watari assists him through the door kinda making me cring at the fact that he's so old and doing an act like that. He could get hurt! "Welcome back Chief," Izowa says after Masuda. As they hobble in more. "Ryuzaki," Mr. Yagami says looking at the mop of hair. "I apologies for taking matters into my own hands. I have to admit I got a little bit caries away." He apoligises just now noticing the new face in the room. "Who-" he gets cut off by Ryuzaki "What's in the bag?" He ask stepping towards him. "These are all the tapes and an envelope. Everything Kira sent to the tv station is in here." He concludes as Ryuzaki reaches for its contents. "I can't thank you enough."

"I think I better rest for a little bit," he says forgetting I'm there again laying down on the couch as Ryuzaki explores it's contents with wide eyes. "Hey- so um- why are you here?" Matsuda asks as I turn around. "Oh! I wanted to go explore the world and try something different so I decided that I was going to go to a college in Japan but things didn't go as planed and I didn't have enough money. Watari actually found me on the streets and offered me help. I didn't accept at first but he said that my mind shouldn't go to wasted so he helped me build up my strength resting for a few days here." I say casually winging it. "Oh! That's nice!" Matsuda says in a cheerful tone. I look over to see Izawa leaving with the bad and Ryuzaki head for the tv with a stack of tapes in his hands.

"Hey, it's getting late, I think I'm going to go now." Matsuda says ending out 20 min discussion about ourselves. "Yeah, I guess I'll see you around." I say with a grin on my face. "I hope so," Matsuda says returning the grin as he leaves.