XXVIII - Her name

The other day everything was just about their little girl. The whole atmosphere in the Castle was lovely and nice. Sophie was resting while Howl cooked breakfast with Markl. They seemed like perfect family. Well, maybe little weird family with talking fire demon but still. They were happy. Howl was. He felt complete for the first time in his whole life. He could lose everything and still be happy if he had Sophie, his daughter, Markl and after all Calcifer too.

"Howl?" asked Markl. Howl noticed he doesn't call him Master anymore. Firstly it seemed weird but he was glad that Markl was taking him more like a friend than someone he has to listen all the time.
"Yes Markl?" he answered quietly while making a chamomile tea - Sophie's favourite.
"Umm...what's her name? My sisters. Oh- Im sorry I meant your daughter what's...how are we gonna call her?" panicked Markl a little bit after calling her his sister in front of Howl.

Oh. Howl barely thought about her name. Neither did Sophie. They were so happy that Howl's back and everything's fine that they totally forgot this quite important part.
"Yeah. Uh - your sister's name is -"
Howl realised he used the word sister for Markl  first time. Wanted to say something about it but then someone was coming from the stairs.

"Darling, how we're gonna name her?" giggled Sophie carying her beautiful baby. She never looked more happy. She was wearing her favourite salmon dress Howl gave her once and in a little blue blanket she carried this little baby that she could call her and her love's daughter.
"Sophie - I just wanna say that someone should really paint you right now. And this will be probably the best compliment I will ever give you" murmed Calcifer making Sophie blush.

Howl was charmed by  view at his wife and daughter, but Markl seemed pretty okay and ran to Sophie. He looked at that little girl in the blue blanket. She had big blue eyes like Howl. Markl knew Sophie wished that so much. Her hair seemed to be black but they were almost sparking. He was confused by her magical look. Markl stayed focused on her while Sophie was amused by his behaviour.

"LOONA!" Shouted Markl making even Howl little scared by him. Everyone seemed so confused, but the little baby girl just opened her toothless mouth and made a little noise sounding like some sort of weird baby's laugh. "See? She likes it! She looks so much like Loona. Hi Loony baby, my little sister" whispered Markl as he played with Loona's little fingers.
"Oh...I believe that you named my daughter before I could even think about it" laughed Howl. They both looked at Sophie. But she looked quite strange. Her eyes were wet but she had this stupid smile on her face. She held her baby like the most fragile thing in the world.
"Oh yeah I - Im just so happy that I have you guys. I love you so much...And you too...little Loona" she kissed her on a forehead as the tears of happiness started falling down from her face.

"Okay now can I have that baby just for a while at least? Before ya'll take my little Loona completely away from me?" laughed Howl. And as he held her...he understood Sophie's stupid smile. And then - a tear from his eyes fell onto his daughter's cheek...

Hey guys. Im so so sorry for not updating. I made a family chapter today. I read all the comment you wrote and you guys are so nice omgg. I'll try so much to post more now. Im omw to the sea in car so I have time now. I'll ad some pictures later I just wanted to post something finally. Love ya'll
- xoxo Hurricane💞