XXIII - I will hold your hand

"HOWL!"

Markl woke up to the loud noise from Sophie's bedroom and ran to her.
"What happened? Sophie?? What happened??" he saw her with fear all around her face, covered in sweat and tears running down on her face.
"Markl I - I had - I had this nightmare I- somebody murdered Howl in that dream I - it was so real. I was so scared." Sophie was sobbing. Sitting on the big bed in Howl's pj shirt with that growing belly she looked so small.
Markl didn't say anything. He climbed on Howl's bed and sat next to Sophie. He was hugging her and comforting her. "It was just a bad dream" he continued saying.

Sophie slowly calmed down. Markl went down to bring her some cold lemonade and then took care of her. He wanted to leave when she turned at him.
"Can you sleep here tonight Markl? With me and...with that little one In me? You can bring Heen If you want..." Sophie needed to be with someone. She felt like she's going to went insane all alone here. Markl just smiled and climbed again to her. This time with Heen.

"Don't worry Sophie. I will hold your hand all night. Go to sleep again" he smiled and then turned to her belly and whispered "now you my little friend - don't make any complications. What a silly mother you have huh? That YOUR father - WIZARD Howl - would let some witch murder him? Hihi nonsense."

Sophie smiled and stroaked Markl's hair. "Thank you Markl. You will be such a powerful wise wizard one day" she murmed and then they fell asleep. Together. Knowing that Howl IS and WILL BE okay. He promised - after all.

🌸🌸🌸

Howl was looking at the sky. Excited. They won the battle of the island. It costed him blood and pain but he always remembered he HAS to come back. And he finally could.

His hand moved to the pocket at his shirt and took a photo. There were Markl with Heen and Sophie kissing Howl on their wedding day.
"Now Sullimann lady can try whatever she wants. But I won't leave this happiness of mine." Said Howl to himself and in the euphoria of joy he ran outside and flew up in the sky. screaming

"I KNOW YOU HEAR ME SULLIMANN! Give up already. You are just jealous of my LOVE amd HAPPINESS!" and at that moment he was the luckiest person in the world - knowing, he can come back home tomorrow to his little family.

🌸🌸🌸
"We will see. Now enjoy your *happiness* little boy" murmed Sulliman with pathetic laugh. But If you would look really close. One tear appeared on her face. Why can Howl have everything what she ever wanted...