𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎: 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

Sophie was shocked at your anger.

She eventually calmed you down and asked where Howl was.

You told her how you two were attacked by Madame Sullimann's henchmen and how he had fought them off. 

"They must have the scent of one of us." 

Sophie's eyes widened.

"My hat...I thought it flew off while we were flying but Madame Sulimann must have it...I'm sorry."

"It's alright Sophie I'll protect you and the others. Nothing is going to happen." You said pulling her into a hug. 

"Thank you Y/n." she said when you pulled away. 

You paced the house for the next hour or so. Howl hadn't come back or contacted anyone. You were worried for him.

"Y/n someone just went into the front shoppe." Calcifer said lazily.

You nodded and walked outside and across the courtyard. when you turned the corner you were met with a beautiful blond woman wearing the latest fashion.

"hello? Who might you be?" She asked.

"Um Y/n what are you doing back here? This isn't public property." You said calmly.

"Oh dear do I have the wrong building? I'm looking for my daughter Sophie."

You were shocked. You knew Sophie wasn't actually old and had been cursed but her mother being this young meant she could only be around 24.

"Oh um Sophie's back this way." You said showing Mrs. Hatter to the house. Sophie was carrying a vase of flowers but dropped them when the woman yelled for her.

"Sophie! Oh Sophie are you alright!? MY goodness You've aged so quick! Where did you go? Who is that person?" She asked while smothering Sophie in hugs and pecks on the cheek.

"I'm alright mother, don't worry that's Y/n." Sophie said hugging her mother back.

"Oh." Her mother responded. "Their very handsome/pretty" She whispered to Sophie.

"Why don't you come inside mother?" Sophie invited her mother inside.

You could hear some of the conversation form inside while you sat outside and played with Markle. Something about A new rich husband, the hat shoppe, and an old woman. 

You ignored the chatter as you chased Markle and Hin around the courtyard moving slowly because of your re-opened wound but fast enough to catch them both.

(Recommended song: As the world caves in by Matt Maltese)

An hour after Sophie's mother left you went back inside. Later that night The witch of the waste was puffing on a cigar she had found which was making everyone cough and hack. Even Calcifer seemed to be disgusted since he was burning low and black.

"Markle open a window will you?" Sophie asked fanning herself.

"I wouldn't't do that if I were you. Sullimann's henchmen are everywhere, don't you hear the air raid siren?"

You shot up and rushed to close the window but it was too late. A loud boom shook the house. 

Sophie stood up scared and Markle clung to you waist.

"I'll go check on the shoppe." Sophie said firmly.

"No I'll do it. Make sure everyone stays inside. Close up all the windows." You said passing her to get out the door. 

You rushed into Sophie's shoppe and scanned for damage. There was nothing terribly damaged only some things fell. You opened the door to the front of the hat shoppe and looked at the glowing fire up the street.