𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒: 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐥'𝐬 𝐠𝐢𝐟𝐭

"Master Howl! You're home!"

Sofie and your heads snapped towards Markle's voice.

Sofie had a relieved smile on her face while yours contorted into disgust.

Howl climbed the stairs and walked towards the table.

His soft blond hair framed his face perfectly and his tall, thin figure was wrapped in a pair of tight black pants, a white shirt, and a checkered pink and pale green coat. His piercing blue eyes locked onto yours.

"Who is this in my house Sofie?" He asked softly tilting his head towards her.

"This is Y/n. We found her in the flower garden. Her plane was shot down." Sofie said standing "They're one of the king's pilot's and Magicians."

You bit the inside of your lip. How the hell did Sofie know all that?

"A magician under Madame Sulimann I presume. How...Interesting." Howl smirked.

He sat in the seat Sofie was sitting in not two minutes ago. He noticed how your cringed away from him.

"Something wrong Y/n?" He asked smiling.

You waned to kill him right there for daring to utter Madame Sulimann's name or address you.

"Shut up traitor." You said with venom in your voice. Sofie and Markle gasped.

He raised an eyebrow at you while grabbing himself a piece of toast.

"You're defiantly one of Sulimann's. Only she can turn someone so stubborn." He laughed.

-Timeskip 2 weeks-

"No." You said not moving.

"Pleaaase?" Markle asked looking up at you with puppy dog eyes.

"fine. One game but that's it." You said.

"yes!" Markle exclaimed joyfully running towards the door.

You followed in almost complete silence.

It had been 2 week since you were found by Sofie and Markle and you were starting to enjoy their company.

Howl was barely home but when he was his whiney behaviour annoyed you to disbelief. 

You wren't as stubborn or rude to the members of the castle as you were upon arrival but you still didn't rust nor like howl.

As you and Markle ran across the green field next to a lake Sofie and her friend/assistant Turnip head did the laundry.

Your leg and arm had healed up nicely and the shrapnel wound on your stomach was no longer infected but was still healing.

You and Markle played tag for another 10 minutes. You let him win every time.

Sofie called you and Markle over for lunch which was ham and cheese sandwiches and grapes.

After you ate and everyone went inside you sat next to the lake watching the sun set.

This was the only time you would let yourself cry.

You didn't;t want to admit it but you were overwhelmed. You had lost your plane to your own people, broken half your bones, and you didn't even know if you could go home now.

News of the war had reached you. Madame Sulimann had found a new young magician to be her right hand person.

You're stomach burned with pain as you stared out over the lake and hills. The sun was almost gone now. Orange and pink colours flooded the sky. 

The sound of feet altered you to a presence you quickly wiped your tears and turned to see Markle hiding something behind his back.

"What have you got?" You asked him in a soft voice.

"I found this in the wreckage thought you might want it." He said embarrassed.

He handed you a small piece cloth containing a small piece of red wood with half the letter S on it.

You smiled while staring at the beautiful red painted wood and remembered all the memories you had with that plane. How you had built it from scratch with your friend form the academy, your first time flying it, how you would take trips to the lakes and rivers all over the kingdom.

"Do you like I-AGHH!" You pulled Markle into a bear hug before he could finish his sentence. 

"Thank you Markle. Thank you." You whispered into his shoulder. He hugged you back and smile.

You smiled and started tickling him.

"AHGH! Stop that! I'll curse you! I will!" He said in between his laughter.

You and Markle continued to hug and play around by the water not knowing that Howl was watching from the doorway.

"Y/n's pretty/handsome when they smile huh?" Sofie said making him jump a bit.

"I guess so." Howl responded looking from the old woman back to Markle and you.