𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡

Y/n awoke to the feeling of being dragged somewhere.

Their eyes fluttered open for a second to see the blury figure of someone dragging them by their feet.

Y/n attempted to lift their head but blacked out again.

When Y/n awoke a second time they were lying on a comfortable white mattress surrounded by curtains.

Bandages and thin wooden poles covered their right leg and left arm. A cool damp cloth fell off of their head as they sat up and a bandage covered a patch of their stomach under the thin cloth hospital like gown that adorned their body.

Y/n attempted to stand but fall back onto the bed. They attempted this again and agin until they finally made it out of the curtained rom.

Y/n made their way into a large room with a raised fireplace, a table and kitchen, and a large green sofa. 

Y/n ran their hands along the wall as they made their way over to a chair set next to the fireplace.

They sat down and rested for a moment before getting back up.

"You really shouldn't do that. You'll hurt yourself even more." A voice spoke from infant of you.

You shot your head up to come face to face with the fire. But the fire had a face. Firey eyes started into your own. You were shocked but tried not to show it.

"Wh..Who the hell are you?" You asked glaring at the fire.

"Easy now. I'm Calcifer, and extremely powerful fire demon! I'll burn you if you dare to move!" he said dramatically waving around.

You smirked and sat back down into the chair.

"Well then All powerful Demon tell me, what are you doing in a filthy hovel such as this?" You asked raising an eyebrow at him.

"I'm cursed. Say you're a witch/wizard ain't ya? So break this curse on and I'll help you."

"Who says I'm in need of help. Especially from scum like demons." You said sticking your nose up  at his offer.

"C'mon. I need to get out of here. Howl never lets me do anything fun and more and more people keep showing up here."

"Howl? Like that pitiful wizard who abandoned his classes and Madame Sulimann?" You mused smirking.

Calcifer's eyes widened slightly at your comment. He had never heard anyone speak of Howl in such a way. Men and Women would swoon or be scared of Howl. Never mock him or say his name in such a disgusted tone.

"You're not a very smart witch hm? Speaking of another magical being in such a way. Your rather rude. What's your name?"

"Its none of your damn business is it?"

"Tell me." He insisted getting annoyed.

"It won't matter anyway. I'll be out of your hair in no time. And I'll make sure to tell my Madame of this place." You said standing and shuffling to the table where you spotted a pair of baggy beige pants and a black coat.

You grabbed them and slipped the coats around your shoulders before carefully putting the pants on over your injuries.

"Where do you think you're going?" Calcifer whined

"Home." You said firmly before making your way to the stairs leading to a strange door with colours on the doorknob. 

You swung the door open to reveal a gray and cloudy mist. You gasped in shock. The windows inside of the house had been sunny and looked over a bustling street.

You gulped and pursed your lips before heading out into the mist.

"Hey! Don't go out there! Are you crazy!?" Calcifer yelled through the open door.

You ignored him and kept limped away. The door suddenly closed with a bang and you heard a click. 

After a few second a young boy around 11 or 12 ran out of the house towards you. An elderly woman followed behind him.

You limped faster to get away from them but you were tackled by the young boy.

"I got em'!" he yelled in triumph

"Get off Markl! You'll injure them more!" The elderly woman yelled. The boy who you assumed was Markl got off of you and began to help you up.

You swiped angrily at him trying to crawl away but your leg was in too much pain. 

He jumped on you again before the elderly woman and him each took one of your arms and carried you back towards the house? No it wasn't a house you could see what looked like large chicken feet on each side of you and what looked like a bunch of building thrown together above the door.

You tried to fight off Markl and the woman but they kept a firm grip on you.

"Don't thrash now dear. We're trying to help you."

"I don't need the help of demons and treacherous wizards" You growled.

"Don't talk about Master Howl that way!" Markle said angrily.

You sneered but eventually gave up on fighting as a wave of tiredness came over you.

They carried you into the strange building and put you back on the bed before leaving you as you passed out.

You awoke an hour later to the sounds of talking. 

Calcifers voice reached your ears. Him and the woman were having a conversation

"Come on Cal you were so good when I first got here. let me cook!" She said annoyed waving an iron pan around.

"Never! I am no slave to mere morta-Mmhf" Calcifer was silenced by the iron pan crushing him into submission. 

"Good." the woman smiled.

A small afce popped up in front of you. Markl. He grinned widely before turning to the woman.

"Hey Sofie! Y/n's awake!" 

Y/n? How did this boy know their name.

The woman, Sofie, hurried over to the bed after putting some bacon on to cook. 

"Hello. Your awake just in time. Howl should be home soon." She smiled at you.