𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐡

"Pilot's Log day 13"

"The date is December 22nd, 1906"

"Another eventful day, I flew over a few small towns. Wrecked by the enemy and our bombs. There were no survivors. I begin my flight home today. I believe Madame Sulimann and his majesty will be pleased with my work. Log over"

Y/n sighed as they placed the small radio like object back in its small corner of the plane. The sun had risen by now and its bright rays warmed their skin.

Y/n hoped up onto the wing of the Red and Yellow plane and placed themselves into the pilots seat.

The worn leather had torn at the edges and cracked. Y/n cranked the engine until the familiar sound of the grumbling machinery filled the air.

Y/n's beautiful plane glided across the river and sped up into the air. The wind blew their hair and sent a calming feeling across their face.

They sped through the air diving in and out of clouds and keeping watch for enemy ships.

Y/n was passing over yet another enemy town when they spotted something shining from the ground.

A child. A young boy was holding a shattered piece of mirror desperately waving it around in the air.

An enemy child. 

But still a child. Most likely an innocent one.

Y/n made a quick choice.

They dove for the ground and landed in the small lake next to the town. They would have to do this quickly. Rescue the boy and take him to another town. And then return home to the King.

Y/n let from their seat and rushed towards the young boy.

"Are you hurt?" They asked kneeling in front of him

Tears streamed from his bloodshot eyes and down his bloody face.

"P-please help me find momma. Please where's momma?!" He cried dropping the piece of shattered mirror.

"I'm sorry. Your mom's gone. What's your name?" Y/n asked sternly. Their heart ached to comfort him but Y/n was a soldier. They would not be tempted by a mere child to show weakness.

"T-toby" He said sniffling.

"Come with me Toby. I'll take you somewhere safe." Y/n said helping him up.

"ok." He whispered clinging to your arm.

You picked his small body up and placed him in the storage part of your plane. 

"Stay there and hold onto that metal rod. You'll be okay." You said closing the hatch as he nodded.

You climbed back into your seat but not before hearing the shouts and growls of something approaching your plane.

You turned to see a group of ink like creatures with snarling fangs moving towards you fast.

You rushed to turn the engine on. If you had known of enemy creatures here you would not have risked landing.

The engine sputtered and roared as the hisses and shrieks of the monsters grew louder.

The plane rushed across the water and took off rather bumpy.

You breathed a sigh of relief before turning to check on Toby.

"Toby? Are you alright?" You yelled over the sound of the engine.

A terrifying grow form the storage hatch see shivers down your spine.

"Toby?"

Suddenly the hatch burst open revealing three of the enemy. One wearing Toby's torn green and white shirt. They began to writhe and climb all over your plane breaking things. One headed towards you.

You spoke a few hushed words and cast a magic barrier over you protecting yourself from the nightmares attacking you. 

You flew towards the mountains and cliffs trying to shake them off with turns and tricks in the air but nothing worked they continued to break apart your plane. 

"Stop! Stop it! I Swear I'll kill you! You assholes!" You screamed in rage. Suddenly an airship came into view. It was one of yours.

"Help! Please!" You yelled waving a metal bar with your free hand and steering with the other.

Members of the air ship rushed across the decks and saw you.

Yes. They were going to help you. You were safe.

You kept flying trying to keep up with the airship as it flew over a mountain and over a field of flowers.

Suddenly your heard a loud horn blowing. An alarm?

What was going on the air ship was moving move you now. Confusion spread across your face as your tried to keep fighting off the enemies on your plane. 

Suddenly a loud clang rang through the air as something dropped towards you.

A bomb. Shock spread through you and all you could think was jump. and you did.

You jumped out of your plane just before bomb hit your plane's tail and exploded sending your limp body flying through the air towards the ground. 

Pain flooded your limbs as your crashed into the ground. You felt bones break and saw red blood oozing from your stomach.

The last thing you saw before blacking out was your plane. Broken into burning pieces.

Your beautiful plane. The thing that brought you the most joy in the world...was gone.