020 | yes, and

xx

xx. the stakes are high, the waters
rough but this love is ours

ANDY SCOFFED AS SHE WATCHED THE North High advertisement for Beauty and The Beast with the others.

"Thats the bitch Lily from out auditions," Andy said, shaking her head at the screen.

"You mean perfect pitch, looks like an actual disney princess, mean girl Lily," Ashlyn said, pacing back and forth.

Miss Jenn walked, in looking at them, "Thank you for coming so quickly on a Saturday, but it seems we are missing a village idiot and a teapot," she said, narrowing her eyes.

"They said on the group chat they couldn't get anyone to cover their shifts at the pizza place," Seb explained.

Miss Jenn looked confused, everyone knowing that they had two separate group chats, one with the students and one with Miss Jenn as well.

"I meant the group chat with me, Andy and EJ," Seb said and Miss Jenn just went along with it.

"Back to the matter at hand," Miss Jenn said, "I can tell you've all seen the video,"

It was nerve wracking to know that East High had such a high production quality compared to theirs.

Everyone nodded, "Its incredible, even I have no notes, I can't believe they stole our show," Carlos exclaimed.

"Miss Jenn, how are we supposed to beat North High at the Menkies if they're churning out this a second after changing their musical?" Ashlyn asked and everyone started to freak out.

Miss Jenn clapped her hands, everyone going silent as they waited for her to provide a solution.

"Wildcats, North High is clearly focusing on bells and whistles. All we need is to get back to basics," she said, explaining that they were going to spend the rest of the weekend doing an active intensive.

"I'm gonna have to cancel the table for tonight," EJ whispered into Andys ear. She nodded. It was their first date tonight and for the third time, it had been cancelled.

Andy just wanted this perfect first date with him, one where they could sit around and just chat and she didn't care if that was in a Carrabba's or a random parking lot.

She reached down, squeezing his hand and feeling him squeeze back.

"Don't forget, we have something North High doesn't have, a brand new original song for the beast and the rose," Miss Jenn explained, Nini was now playing the rose.