024 | most likely too

xxiv

xxiv. i call my dad but never talk,
can never say quite what I want

THEY ALL STOOD IN REHEARSALS, Andy yawning at how early in the morning it was.

"Hi, thank you all for coming to rehearsals in the morning. I know its a crazy day with the career fair and all but given all your behavior last week, I believe we are lucky to be rehearsing at all," Miss Jenn explained.

They could all hear the disappointment in her voice at the way that they had acted.

"Okay. I'm just gonna say it, Zack Roy stole out Beast mask. Why are you not freaking out?" Carlos questioned.

Andy nodded her head in agreement. EJ kept reaching over, brushing his finger against hers and smiling innocently whenever she shot him a glance telling him to stop or they'd expose themselves.

"Because winners don't freak out Carlos," Miss Jenn said, nodding her head, "When they go low, we sing high,

"Uh, have either of you seen Nini?" Ricky asked Big Red and Andy who were on either side of him.

"Every time I open Instagram," Big Red said, holding up his phone to show Ninis singing page.

"I think he means here in school," Andy explained and Big Red nodded his head.

"Okay let's rehearse. EJ, remember where you are emotionally, Belle has just rebuked your marriage proposal and LeFou is rallying the guys to boost you back up. Let's hit it," she said.

"Dont forget to start on your left foot at the start of the chorus," Gina said, turning to EJ and Andy.

"Thank you. Anything else?" He asked and Gina nodded.

"Dont be distracted by your girlfriend, I dont care how secret you two are, his heart eyes are gonna give it away," Gina said, smiling at them.

Andy felt the blush growing on her cheeks and she looked away, hoping that nobody had heard that.

"And don't fall over," Andy suggested, EJ laughed, smiling at her.

Every day it was becoming more and more difficult to not show their relationship off but he wanted Andy to feel comfortable, and if she wanted to wait a little while to tell everyone. He'd wait, he'd wait a hundred years for her if he had to.

Andy and Gina walked over to the stands, sitting in front of Ashlyn who cheered Big Red on.

Seb started playing the song and Big Red started singing. Everyone cheered him on.