011 | sandbags

xi

xi. I'm sick of all the insincere, I'm
gonna give all my secrets away

WHEN THEY ALL GOT TO THE THEATER, Andy saw EJ sneakily grab Miss Jenns Box.

"EJ!" She exclaimed, chasing after him as he picked up Miss Jenns box, rushing out of the room.

When she found him, he was sitting on the steps of one of the staircases and she instantly walked over.

"Andy, what are you doing here?" He asked, trying to hide the box behind himself but failing miserably.

"Stopping you from doing something you'll regret," she said and he sighed, knowing that he had been caught.

"I just need to know, please," he asked, voice filled with desperation.

Andy sighed, giving up as she nodded her head, knowing that it probably wasn't what he wanted.

They sat on the steps, shoulders touching as he opened the box, flipping through the pages until he got to Troy.

"Wait," she said, grabbing his hand as he held the folder, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"I just-" he took a deep breath, thinking over his words, "-I just need to know what I did wrong and what could be better,"

"Fine, open it," she said and he opened it, reading notes about how he was the perfect Troy - on paper.

"Lacks emotional connection to the material?" He questioned, reading it out loud.

EJ turned to look at Andy, a confused look on his face, "Do you think thats true?" He questioned.

She sighed, "We should get back to the others," Andy ignored the question, not wanting to hurt him.

"Come on Ands. Do you think I lack emotional connection?" He asked again, desperate for the answer.

"Sometimes," she admitted, a flash of hurt crossing on EJs face, "But I think you can work on it, we can work in on,"

He smiled at her, pulling her in for a hug, "Thanks, for letting me look, and for being honest," he whispered.

They walked back, him looking upset as they stood back stage, thinking about everything.

EJ felt weird, he had never felt like this before. It was like a fluttery feeling in his stomach as he looked at Andy who had a smile on her face as she listened to Miss Jenn.