010 | the tech rehearsal

x

x. all you gotta do is smile that smile
and there goes all my defenses

AFTER THANKSGIVING, ANDY AND the rest of the drama club walkes into the theatre, gawking at the destroyed theatre.

"Oh my God, what happened?" Nini questioned, looking around at the mess.

"It's okay, nobody was hurt. There was a small fire in the theatre over the holiday and the sprinklers did their job," she explained with a sigh.

A firefighter walked out, looking around at the damge and then at the kids before turning to Miss Jenn.

"We're almost done in here, just have to finish up in the faculty room next," the firefighter said, handing a basketball to Miss Jenn, "Unfortunately, the show cannot go on,"

"What?" Miss Jenn asked, staring at this woman with shock as she delivered the heart breaking news.

They all stood there in silence at the realisation that their show had effectively been ruined.

"Fire ripped through half your costumes and the sprinklers ruined a bunch of your sets. I'm sorry but I'm gonna to red tag the backstage area for at least a month," she explained before walking off.

Andy stood on shock, wondering what they were going to do. Everyone else felt the same way, horrified that all their hard work had been for nothing. They waited for some solution.

"Listen up, take a moment and let's reconvene in the cafeteria after school to talk about out options," Miss Jenn announced.

Later that day, Miss Jenn walked into the cafeteria, "Wait, wheres Gina?" She asked as she realised she was missing.

"I think she's going through a family thing right now," Ashlyn said, sitting next to Andy and EJ.

They had all heard what had happened over the phone at thanksgiving, that there was a high likely hood that Gina wasn't going to be coming back.

"Okay. I'm not really sure what to say. You've all worked so hard but if we don't have a theatre, we don't have a show," Miss Jenn explained.

Everyone gasped, chatting amongst themselves about what was going to happen to the show.

"Come on Miss Jenn, we've got to do something," Carlos said desperately.

"I think we-" she paused, shaking her head, upset, "-I don't know, I guess we could consider other venues,"

Everyone nodded their heads, tryinf to think of somewhere else that they could go. They had to save the show.