Chapter 30- Battle Ends

Burton continued to scream uncontrollably as he gathered more and more strength.

"It's weird. He strapped us to that table to suck out our magic and unlock the refractionary power, but I don't think he's using it." Steve

As Burton's power spiraled through the lab, Seth reminisced the mantra he created with Professor Satyr, and used it to center himself.

"Euphoria." his thoughts calm, and he began to piece together everything that's happened. "When I grabbed your hand on the roof, I felt all my power come back. I think our powers combined and overloaded his machine. When it exploded, we absorbed the rebounded refractionary energy. That explains some of the power I've felt during this fight."

"That also explains why he's been trying to keep us apart this whole time. Maybe we still have some of that power left in us."

"Yo! Steve he must be afraid of us using it against him! If we summon it again, I know we can take Burton out. But we can only do it by working together."

He searched for the power crackling within him, and find it buried even deeper than the Sun Magic at his core... But even as he reached for it, he felt it fading. He held his hand out to Steve.
"This is how it happened the first time. Do you think it'll work again?"

"Only one way to find out."

As the clouds parted and moonlight shone through once again, Steve reached for Seth's hand. Seth took his hand, and he were overwhelmed by the feeling of magic filling him to the brim!

"Let's end this... For good this time."

Just then, he brushed against something smooth and cold, and he pulled it out of the rubble. He realized it's part of a handle.

"That's part of Desmond Khartime mace! The rest of it must be buried somewhere!" Steve assured Seth.

"I know how to find it! "I'LL USE... THE
LOCATOR SPELL! Where are you, mace?" he channeled his Metal Magic into fragment of the handle in his palm, and focus on the mace he's trying to find. He suddenly felt a tug, and glanced around the side of desk.

"It's pointing right toward Burton. I think the mace is buried beneath him!"

"We can't get close now, get with his power spiraling around him like that!"

"Don't worry, Steve, I've got this covered."

"I'LL USE The Round Up spell!"
"This mace is mine." With the mace's location solidified in his mind, he reached out with his Air Magic. The rubble beneath Burton began shifting... and suddenly the mace bursts out and flied straight for Seth! He grabbed the mace and the refractionary power shooting through him engulfed it! Light bursted out from its spikes, and he clenched it firmly. Burton won't know what hit him." he said furiously. He jumped out from Burton behind the desk and charged at Burton! He swung the mace into him with all his might. He felt his bones shattered with a crunch, and he goes flying!

"HAAARGH!!" he slammed into a machine and ricochets off. Before he could hit the ground, Seth were behind him, pulling his arm back for another swing. He smashed him again and The mace tears into Burton's skin and sent him flying! He bashed into the wall and fell, broken, onto the ground.

"Hfff!"

"Steve, let's finish this!"

"RRRAAAAAHHHH!!" Steve leaped out from behind the desk and let out a battle cry. Seth ran at Burton, overwhelming magical energy crackling at his fingertips!"

"RAAAAAAHH!!" Seth magic bursts out of him with a life of its own, tearing toward Burton and consuming him in whirling refractionary power!

"Hnnnng!!" It pinned Burton to the far wall, and Steve ran toward him with a spell building in his hands!