Chapter 12-Lectures with Professor Morgan on four elements

The following day Seth got prepared for his lectures.
He returned to quest session, short while later, he ducked into his first session, Time loco A1 with Joe Mason He slide into the first opened seat he saw, only to realized it's right next to a robot sitting. "Oh, it's you again. The Seth. How impressive. And a metal too, it's hard to believe we'd have anything in common, but here we are."

"What's your problem?" Seth asked him with his face deeply frowned on the robot. "And how did you know I was at the orientation?"

"I have my sources. It's amazing what can you learn from the professors during their free hours. You don't look very impressive to me." The robot asked.

"Oh please. Don't act like you haven't been practically stalking me since I got here. Sending that... that follower thing after me!"

"A what? I certainly wouldn't--"

"Excuse me! I'm trying to start a class here?" Seth realized that his hushed exchange has escalated to near shouts. He pressed his lips tightly together as Professor Morgan began his lecturing.

"In this class, you'll learn to perform basic spells based on the eight practical elements: Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Metal, Traveling using portals, Moon, Sun! Can anyone tell me where our ability to perform magic stems fram? How about our late-comer? Mr...?"

"Uh? Our ability to perform magic... Is learned. You...um, learn it from reading books and... studying hard?"

"Idiot! our ability to perform magic is not reading through a book... A real time traveler must not learn any theory book he or she must practice hard based on the eight elements of time."

As Professor Morgan spokes go hard on Seth, the people in the room began laughing.

"Mmm... late comer sorry for those words okay? I thought you were one of the silly guys, I like the enthusiasm for learning, Seth! But unfortunately, while that's a very good answer, it's not quite right."

"(Huh! how did he knew my name?)" Seth complained in his thoughts. Next to Seth the robot tried to stifled a laughed.

"Mr. Optimus? You know the answer?"

"Of course sir, Magic is innate, meaning that were simply born with it. However, the capacity for magic differs from person to person."

"correct so--"

"For example, my capacity is quite high, since I'm a Metal-ATL. While the lower tier magics capacity is somewhat low." Several people glared in Optimus direction, but it doesn't seem to noticed or care. "That's... basically, correct!"

"Simply put, every person in this room doesn't have the ability to perform most spells. However, the level of difficulty each ATL magical can handle may differ. Now, let's not waste any more time! We'll start today by learning a simple spell, conjuring fire and bending it to our will."

Seth pulled out a pen and a pad of paper. "I wonder if graph paper is better for taking notes on spells..."

"You don't need any paper. Now, shh!"

Professor Morgan rolled up his sleeves and shook out his arms with a flourish. He closed his eyes and brought his palms together. "The first step, as always, is to focus. A lack of focus is the number one cause of spells going awry. For the creation of fire, you'll need to imagine a light or heat source and some kindling! It's important to start with a strong, simple base. There's a reason we build up to more complex ideas, Mainly to--"

"To conserve magic and energy by using smaller pieces to achieve the same end. It's the building block method. We were taught it as children." Narrated the robot. "Love the enthusiasm, but I'm gonna need a hand next time Optimus robot! That's correct. Now, once we've focused and built our magical foundation..." He snapped his fingers, and flames ignited from the tips of both hands. "Conjuring fire is a snap."