Chapter 20- Nine element of Time info

"Huh. I thought it'd be a little more important impressive back here." Seth suggested.

"Hey, you shouldn't..." Optimus chuckled to himself.  "You shouldn't judge a book by its cover!" Optimus laughed harder, but when it realized Seth aren't, he straightened up again.

"Right, well. To answer your question about went to such lengths to stop ATLs from practicing Blood magic..." It started to walked down one of the aisles. "There was a man. A while ago. He went kind of crazy, experimenting on children and all kinds of horrible stuff. They called him 'The Breck."

"That's... So scary! As far as bad guy nicknames go, that's pretty chilling."

"His name was Rafael Namor."

"So what happened to Namor?"

Optimus continued spoking in a hushed tone as it winded through the stacks. "No one really knows, actually it's pretty strange. When I was kid, he was basically the boogeyman. You know, 'if you don't eat your peas, The Breck will com for you!"

"Parenting at its absolute finest."

"And unfortunately, a very real possibility. For all the years he was being pursued, he only killed kids."

One of the candles on the wall flickered, and a knot formed in Seth stomach. He followed Optimus around a corner and into an aisle labelled 'Biographical Histories.'

"And then, one day, he just... disappeared." Optimus stopped in front of the third shelf in and ran its fingers along the spines, finally pulling out a book and handing it to Seth.

Name: MAGICAL CRIMES IN THE 21ST CENTURY.

"Take the book." Optimus ordered Seth. Seth tried to opened the book, but the pages stood firmly shut.

"Oh, right. All of the books in this section can't be checked out without. access approval. See?" It pointed out a perfectly thumb-sized indent on the bottom of the spine.

"I see... And how do I get access?"

"It would have to be approved by the Burton himself. Usually for students that are already excelling past the standard year's curriculum."

"And let me guess. You're one of those students?"

"One of the many benefits to attending the Khartime summer program. And being all around brilliant, of course."

"Great! So you can just check it out for me, and I'll--"

"No way! I can't go around using my special privileges to help just anyone! What if you damage it? Or forget to bring it back and accrue late charges?"

"(Learning more about this Namor guy is bound to help me understand more of the magical world's secret! There might be something in this book that explains that shadow creature! Optimus is the only one who can help...)"

<TUTORIAL; This book is a significant item! Collecting it will add it to your desk and help shed some light on the mysteries of Khartime...>

"Optimus... I can't do this myself. please, Optimus. I need your help on this." Optimus smiled smugly.

"So, the great Sun-ATL need my help. Interesting."

"Normally, I'd have a lot to say about your tone, but... just please check it out for me. I promise I'll return it on time." It gave Seth an appraising looked, then reached over and pressed his thumb to the book's spine.

The book issued a small hissing sound, and Seth noticed it suddenly felt lighter in his hands.

<ITEM ACQUIRED: The book on Namor 'The Breck' had been added to your desk!>

"Don't say I never did anything for you... And try not to set it on fire. I know how much trouble you have with that. I'm going to go get my things together and return this Compendium, since our jail sentence is almost up."

"Sure, I'll catch up in a second. And thank you!" Optimus simply shrugged as it walked back to the tables, and Seth cracked opened the dusty tome.

"Namor's actions during this time are considered the main catalyst for the banning of Blood magic in the Americas. His reign of terror created on international panic, though no crimes outside of the United States were ever found to have been his doing. No one has ever discovered the reason behind Namor's killing spree. Most assume it was backlash due to the already growing contention against Blood-ATLs (more on page 154) while a small few believe we chasing the secret to the Refractionary energies of old ATL lore."

On the page was a; photo of a man in his mid fifties, with a wild bushy beard and murderous eyes rimmed with dark circles.

"God, this guy really was a monster." He headed back to the aisle he started on, and slipped the book into your bag before leaving the library.

"Took you long enough, Seth."

"Were you waiting for me?"

"What? I--"

"Well, it's dark. And... we live in the same building, after all."

"Right."

Suddenly, he felt the hair on the back of his neck stood up.

"Guy? See you by the nate of magics night, need to study of the book more!"

"Right."

He whipped around and saw the woman from earlier at the day of lectures with Professor Satyr, watching him from the shadows of the hallways!

"Her again?"

"Who?"

Optimus turned to looked, but she had vanished down the hall. Without saying another word, Seth took off after her!

"Hey, wait!" Optimus called out, but Seth teared down the hallway, following the tails of her skirt as it disappeared around the corners.

"Come on, Optimus! Keep up!" He wheeled around a corner, from just in the time to saw a door slammed shut along the hallway. He swung the door opened again, Optimus right on Seth heels, ready to confronted the mysterious woman, but instead Seth's faced with... An empty hallway.

"Damnit!" Seth yelled.

"That's it, then. We lost her. Can we get out of here, please? This empty hallway is eerie."

They both got out to the main campus and breathed in! "Seth, we lost her we could who she was?"

"Yeah, I concur. Please see you later men!"

They bid farewell to themselves and everyone went away to their various dormitories.