The Search #2

X-Men: X-23, White Queen, Cyclops, Wolverine

Hellions: Dust, Armor, Rockslide, Pixie, Tempus

Tag, Sage
----------------
Laura ran. She ran as fast as she could through the decaying forest around her. Bodies that have rotted to the bone hung from the trees while the crows picked off what they could.

She looked over her shoulder to see the wave of blood racing towards her. Her and the wolves that were trying to escape the incoming death.

She ran from fire and the promise of death. She could not stop.

She would not stop.

She found the rotten rug that lead into the cave made of coal black roots. A faint light was the only signal that someone was inside.

So she ran into it.

???: Laura.

She stopped at her name. She looked around the cave and found a single throne where a man sat. Next to him, hanging from the roof, was a large birdcage. Inside was a shadowy figure who was bound and gagged by a filthy cloth.

???: You heard my summons. My voice. My love.

Laura narrowed her eyes to try and see who it was that was speaking. Her eyes grew wide when she saw that it was....it was you!

But something wasn't right.

You seemed...twisted.

Shadow: Don't listen to him! Laura, plea...

Y/N: I have so much planned for you.

You stood up from the throne and Laura finally realized what was wrong. Your eyes were red, complete red. Blood stained your teeth and your nails were sharp and yellow.

Y/N: Freedom like you've never known.

You walked over to Laura and placed a hand on her shoulder as you circled her. You looked at her from head to toe. It chilled her to the bone. You then leaned towards her ear so your dry voice could whisper.

Y/N: No more cages, Laura. No more doubt. Just say yes.

You smiled as you pulled away.

Y/N: Say yes and you will be the leader of my hunt. Queen of my hounds. My right hand in Hell.

Laura: NO!

Laura gasped for air as she opened her eyes. She sat up and began to try to catch her breath as she looked around. She was back in the real world. Back where she was safe.

Safe enough, anyway.

She held her head as she sat in the grass.

She's been having this same damn dream for nearly a month now. Ever since you had left on your secret mission. So secret that only four people knew about it.

Her, Emma, The Professor, and Sage.

Emma had kept her posted by playing telephone since she could still talk to you every once and a while. But it wasn't the same as having you here with her.

And those nightmares about you...she didn't know why she was having them. You were never horrible to her. Never a monster of any kind.

Well, you were a monster in bed, but that was besides the point.

She rubbed her head for a moment before she got up. After some training in the forest, she decided to take a nap near the log she had found when she first came here.