The Search #1

Tag, Sage
-------------------
You yawned while the bus driver rambled on and on with his story. Sage was already leaning back against the window with her arms crossed and her eyes closed. You weren't really sure if she was actually asleep or not. You haven't known her long enough to figure it out.

How long have you been doing this now? A month or so, right? Almost two?

It was hard to keep track when you were constantly moving from place to place. One day you were in Mexico, the next you're here. Wherever here was.

But it was night time, the bus was empty, and you were done with this guy's story.

Driver: So I said, "Pops, I don't want to be an accountant. I want to see the country side and meet new people." That's my story. What about you, fella?

He looked at you in the mirror but you just sat there, hood pulled over your head.

Driver: Not much of a talker, huh? I respect that. If you want to...

Y/N: Stop.

Your eyes were now focused on the road.

Driver: You don't gotta be rude, son. I...

Y/N: Up ahead. Someone's in the road.

The driver looked back at the road and, sure enough, someone was laying there. He quickly turned the wheel and hit the brakes to avoid hitting them. The bus came to a stop as Sage slowly began to wake up and you stood up.

Driver: Holy....how did you see that?

Y/N: Open the door.

The driver watched as you walked to the doors. He chose not to argue and pulled the lever that would open the door. You stepped out into the humid night air and approached the figure that was laying there.

It was a woman.

???: Stop! Get back on the bus!

You didn't listen. You just continued to walk towards her as she pulled out a badge. She flashed it at you.

???: Special Agent Moria MacThacher. FBI.

Moria: I'm ordering you to leave here

Moria: I'm ordering you to leave here. It's not safe for you to get involved.

You stopped, and held out a hand. Your face looked like no more than a shadow due to the bus's head lights.

Y/N: I'm not leaving without you.

X-Men

Sage checked over Moria's wounds as you watched the driver was outside trying to make a call to his higher ups about the situation.

Moria: Thank you. Both of you. But there are people after me. You've put your lives in jeopardy.

Sage: That's nothing new. But what's done is done. How did this happen?