Chapter 20

My finger shakes as I gaze the floor. The penetrating eyes burn my body, to the point of my self-sinking into a black hole. Jun-Pyo walked into the room with eyes glaring to his mother.

"You think I was going to be a fool?" She spoke, as she scattered Jan-Di photos in full stack. I sighed knowingly this isn't a good sign.

"To think that you deceive me by using Sora as your fiancé. You are a disgrace." His mother word was sharp and hit the inside of his heart. I couldn't meddle into this conversation.

"I don't care. Just don't touch Jan-Di" He ordered before leaving the room with me trailing behind. I wasn't going to stay any longer otherwise his mother would drag me into her scheme.

"I'm really sorry Sora." Jun-Pyo apologize which I shook my head to. I know this isn't his fault. We had a short feeling for each other before it disappears. If Jan-Di isn't in the picture, it will be a smooth sailing for us. Giving him my sympathy I walk out of the mansion.

"What got you upset?" Yi-Jung wrapped his arm from behind causing me to jump. I smile before glancing at the sky. The familiar place reminds me of Lee Min-Ha who tries to commit suicide.

"Jun-Pyo's mother already knew his son is in a relationship with Jan-Di. I have a bad feeling about this." I explained, my heart felt uneasy every since I saw his mother. She was like a sleeping tiger that you wouldn't want to wake.

"Well for now we will have to be by their side." He said before pressing a kiss on my forehead. This was the best spot, away from students eyes. Only the two us know about our hidden relationship. I want to give it a few more days before I make this public.

"Have I told you, that you look cute today?" Yi-Jung was making my heart beat insanely hard. Giving him a meek smile I leaned my head against his chest. I want it to be like this, peaceful with the guy I like.

However, not everything goes my way. Jan-Di explained to me Jun-Pyo mother visited her house. Proposing to give her money so that she would break up with his son. Of course she refused it. Due to that, their dry-cleaning business got evicted. Now, she's been selling food on the street to passing cars. Pitying the girl, I joined the work.

"You really don't have to do this." She spoke feeling embarrassed that I got dragged in it. Its true Shinhwa students would feel disgusted helping a poor girl like her. Nobody would go through this length for her.

"Nonsense, you're my friend." I reassure before holding the box of cookies. Cheering her up, I try to smile widely at the stopping car while asking them to buy the product. They tried to ignore me, as if I was an annoying pest. It got me irritated that nobody would roll their car window.

Except for one.

"Hello would you like to buy this delicious cookie?" I asked the man in front. He wore a suit meaning he's a professional worker. The guy didn't bother to stare at me, and I knew he wasn't interested. My eyes motion to the back seat and an older man look at me with a long face.

"Grandfather?!" This was too coincidental. Out of every car in Seoul that stopped at this road, my grandfather was here.

It feels weird sitting in front of him. It's been a decade since I've ever fully seen him. His fine appearance has aged. Creases and wrinkles appear and grey hair cover his whole head. I wasn't sure if I was ready to meet any of my family. But the man wasn't going to wait forever.

"You've turns into a young lady Minyeon." I flinch hearing the name I was brought up with. Ever since that man shows up at school the name sound revolting.

"I know Chang-Mul tried to visit you. It hasn't been easy at all." Grandfather was the only one who understood me. When he saw me sobbing and trembling that day it scare him to death. His daughter that died and his granddaughter almost dying makes him protective of me. There were things that were still difficult to talk, because they were still healing.

"Which is why I made an offer to you"

Sitting inside the car. His words still rang through my head. If he asked me a few months ago, I would have accepted it. But now, with F4 and Jan-Di by my side it was making it harder to choose. Passing the busy street, I passed by Jan-Di house. The light was still on, meaning she was still up. I always envied her strong, persistent attitude.

That day, Jan-Di and I were hanging at the F4 lounge. Yi-Jung sat across of me, I could see him struggling not to hold me. While the rest talks about video games.

As I look at Jan-Di, she was peeling the apple skin. Her hand slice it easily making my stomach moves at the shimmering metal. My head began to feel lightheaded, and I walk out of the room. Holding my head I tried to not think of those flashback, the body, the blood.

"Are you alright?" Yi-Jung came out with a questioning glance. Staring at him, I mumble the word yes. I couldn't spill it. I still wasn't ready.

Putting my arm around his, I close my eyes. His beating heart was the only thing I focus on. It was comforting and I let my self plunge into his embrace.

"I think his mother doesn't want to let me live." Jan-Di spoked in exhaustion. She's been working at three places. To the point his brother skipping lunch, so he could save money. Every time I tried to help her financial she turns it down. It was becoming piteous living like her.

As we walk out of the gate, she gave me one of the business cards in hand.

"I got this from one of my customer. I want to try my luck by working here." She said. Glancing at the name, it was called Enjoy Production. There was something wrong with this, but I didn't want to disbelieve her.

"Let's go together." At least by going with her I can keep a watch. We arrived at the office in short time. The room was somehow unique. It was decorated in pink and there was a bed in the middle. When we called for the staff, the door slams shut from behind. Making both of us startle at the noise.

This time one of my bad feeling comes to life.