No.8 Between Sanity and Madness

Your eyes opened slowly as the light peeked in through the curtains, and you yawned while stretching your arms upwards. You slowly stood up and walked to your door, hesitating as you recalled last night's events. You opened the door in one swift moment, only to find the folded blanket in the place of Kaeya's occupational spot from last night.

You picked it up and brought it to your chest, snuggling your face into its softness before bringing it back to your room. After that, you went to Kaeya's room and grabbed another one of his shirts. This one was white, and your black undergarments were still visible through the thin fabric.

You shrugged it off and traversed to the kitchen, making a Teyvat fried egg for breakfast. You wished that Kaeya was here, but your only guess is that he left for his knightly duties since he was the Cavalry Captain after all. You stood in silence over the stove as the egg sizzled against the metal and created a savory aroma.

There were a few knocks on the front door, and you turned off the stove before making your way to the door and opening it. There stood a blonde woman with periwinkle eyes, wielding an anemo vision on her hip.

"Excuse me, I am Acting Grand Master, Jean of the Knights of Favonius." She introduced, and you hid your bare lower half behind the door and only showed your upper body to the woman.

"I see, is there something I can do for you?" You replied, and she quickly peaked behind you into the house, searching for something before looking back to you.

"Pardon me for intruding, but would Sir Kaeya happen to be home as of now? He hasn't come to the Knights of Favonius headquarters, and my first thought was to look here." Your brows furrowed, your heart rate increasing in confusion and a twinge of fear as you realized just how worried she was.

"No, he's not here... he didn't go to work?" You asked, your voice shaky and on the brink of breaking. The Acting Grand Master also furrowed her brows before bringing her fingers to her temple, letting them rest there as she seemed to be thinking.

"Ma'am, do you happen to know the last place he was?" Jean asked while placing her hand on your shoulder, you nodded before stuttering slightly.

"Y-Yes, he was here during the middle of last n-night." You answered, causing her eyes to become a bit more relieved. "I'm not sure what time he left, but all I know is that he was here in this house." You continued and she nodded to you before turning to another woman who wore a barrage of different purple hues.

"Lisa, he's not here either. However this woman says that he was here late last night, so he can't have left Mondstadt." The mage nodded at this as she gave a gentle wave to you out of friendliness. Jean then turned back to you, offering her hand to you.

"Pardon my ignorance, may I ask your name and your relationship with Sir Kaeya?"

"Uh, y-yes... My name is Y/n L/n. I'm Kaeya's... lover. We've known each other since we were young." You answered confidently, since what you were saying was the truth. You scanned your mind for any idea of where he could have gone, even if it were just a glimpse of something that would be useful.

It was then that the realization hit you, and your heartbeat accelerated. There was a possibility that Kaeya had been conscious when you ranted to him last night, causing your breath to catch in your throat.

"Springvale..." you whispered, causing Master Jean to turn to you with confusion in her eyes.

"He might have gone to Springvale... if he did, then we must hurry." You said, and the blonde nodded her head. You closed the door, sprinting into the guest bedroom and pulling on some pants as well as your boots. You couldn't have cared less if there was any imperfections in your garb, since your main priority was to keep Kaeya from ruining his life.