Short Story 19: Part 2// Without the plaid shirt

I know that no one is probably going to read this update since it took me 2 years but here's the thing.. I read my chapters whenever I'm bored just to cringe to myself but I was weirdly excited to find out what would happen next with this particular one shot so here is an update lmao
—————

Previously...

"My names Jimin. It's nice to meet you"

You're probably thinking damn they most likely just hit it off right?

I mean.. you aren't wrong?

Jimin had sat down and was genuinely interested in a guy for the first time in years. All because he wasn't wearing a plaid shirt.
Although, Jimin was highly relieved to finally be on a date with a guy who wasn't like every other male on the goddamn planet.. Jungkook looked extremely young.
Like.. still in high school and fucking around type of young.

"How old are you? If you don't mind me asking" Jimin asked with a small smile, scooting his chair just a bit closer before folding his hands and sitting them neatly on the table.
"No you're alright" Jungkook chuckles softly, completely unfazed by the question and Jimin was silently wondering if this was a question he got quite often.
"I'm 24, you?"
Jimin's eyes widened slightly before smiling, "I'm 25" (using current ages right now)
"Ahh so you're my Hyung correct?" Jungkook responded with question.
"Guess so haha" Jimin laughed, moving his hands so the waiter could drop off two cups of water.
"Okay so." Jungkook started, watching as the waiter left before continuing.
"Not to be weird or anything but you're really pretty. How the hell are you single right now?" Jimin coughed in surprise, choking on his water before looking at him in alarm.
Damn this guy was bold.. thank god Jimin liked that.
"Ah.. yeah.. Um well you see. I've been on a lot of dates. My friend Taehyung has been trying to set me up with guys for awhile now because a few years ago, I had a boyfriend who didn't treat me very well. Just so happens he wore a plaid shirt. Yeah I know, sounds absolutely ridiculous but I'm still a bit traumatized over him and plaid shirts. Every date I've gone to has been the same thing, a guy sitting at the same restaurant each time and wears a plaid shirt. I leave before they get a chance to tell me their name." He explains, fiddling with his fingers.

"It doesn't sound ridiculous. I completely understand. I wouldn't want to go on a date with a man who wears something that would trigger me. I'm sorry"

"No it's alright haha" Jimin responded, waving it off as if he didn't just open up a bit too much to the man in front of him. Especially on a first date. Whoops. "Thank you for understanding. I was actually quite relieved to see that you weren't wearing one and that this was a new location"

"Is that why I was able to tell you my name?" Jungkook joked, remembering that the other guys weren't able to introduce themselves. He smiled wider when he gets a laugh as a response.

"Yes actually" Jimin nods, taking a sip of his water.

"Well. It's a good thing that I could. I was able to score a date with the most beautiful man I have ever laid eyes on" Jungkook flirted, which honestly shouldn't have been that surprising. Jungkook gave off that kind of energy.

Jimin blushed, shaking his head and lightly gave Jungkook's arm a shove that was laying down on the table.

The night continued on, laughter, flirting and sweet words were echoed throughout the whole time and before they knew it. It was time to leave and part ways but of course.
They exchanged numbers with the promise of another date and a huge hug to Taehyung from Jimin when he got back because finally a date that went well.