Scene 012

Scene 012

Jac sat in his chair waiting for Dam's call. He had instructed the computer to put Dam through to him, first. I really wish Dam had come after his own mate, Jac thought. He really didn't like being caught between Amy and Dam. Beauf should have come with me to help. But no, I let him talk me into believing Dam needed one of us with him at such a trying time. 

The computer broke into Jac's thoughts. "Dammarow Heir is calling. He is waiting for a response." 

"Put it through," said Jac. "Dam, I asked the computer to put your call into me first. There is something you should know before your talk with Amy." 

Dam raised his eyebrow, looking at Jac questionably. 

"As you know, I took Amy to the medic's earlier today. The medic said, Amy was suffering from Transporter Sickness. It is being corrected as we speak," Jac said quickly. 

"Is that the only reason you've interrupted my call to my mate?" Inquired Dam. He sat back, relaxed his shoulders, and laid his hand flat on the desk. 

"Santi also said, Amy has great feelings for you but not all of them are pleasant." Jac watched as his friend took in this bit of information. 

"Jac, I know you to well, that's not all of it. You wouldn't have interrupted a transmission's destination unless something major has happened."  

Jac was silent. He didn't know where to begin. 

Dam prompted, "So what has happened, Jac?" 

"Damn it, Dam. I'm trying to figure out how to go about telling you this," Jac said, running his fingers through his hair. 

"Spit it out," Dam said in a growl. 

"Here it goes. Santi couldn't gage Amy's total mental and emotional well being. Amy almost shorted Santi's mind. If Amy hadn't realized it was Santi trying to get into her head, she could've easily done major damage. That came from Santi, herself." 

Jac rushed on before Dam could say anything. "Santi wants Amy in an exercise program for both her mind and body. I felt at the time, she could've waited until we reached home. But, then on our tour of the ship, she grasped a thought out of Turk's mind as easily as if she was reading the computer terminal. Finally, on top of it all, she shows no interest in knowing any information about you." He braced himself and waited for Dam's response. 

"That's certainly interesting. Please forward Santi's report to me. The other isn't hard to understand, my friend, she's lived with one true Image of me most of her life. She has probably built many stories in her mind as an explanation to the Image." 

Jac let out his breath. "You took that well. I figured; you would be a little upset. I'll forward the report to Beauf. He can bring it to you that way you can give Amy your full attention. I'm putting you through to Amy. See you soon, my friend." 

Dam gave Jac a nod and a smile, but the focus of his attention seemed to have shifted. 

Jac called out to the computer. "Transfer the call to Amy's cabin."  

"Transfer is complete," The computer said. 

"Get me Beauf. I need a copy of Santi's report on Amy. Get it ready to transmit to Beauf," said Jac.