Two - Isn't She Lovely

Chapter Two

Hope yall are enjoying this. It's not my best work but whatever. Before you ask, I've had this written for a while. All I did was edit it. (: My update on Say What You Mean will be tomorrow morning hopefully yewww

Oh yeah and when anyone clicks ontot hese chapters, does your whole Wattpad thing turn to German? Because that's what happens to mine and it's only when I click on anything to do with this story. It's srsly weird. 

Anyway, hope y'all enjoy this chapter. Stay chill yo xo

I don’t really focus on anything else in the lead up to Boot camp, nothing else crosses my mind other than singing my best in front of the judges. I take some time off school to focus on my performance and even though my 18th birthday is fast approaching, I don’t even bat an eyelid over the subject. I’m getting ready in my bathroom on the Wednesday morning I'm set to go when my Mum comes walking in, “Hey honey. Are you nervous?”

“Not really, I’m kind of excited. Should I wear my hair up or down?”

“Down, definitely down.”

I let it go from my grasp and let the long, sandy-blond, wavy strands fall around my face. I’m fastening my favourite elephant necklace around my neck when she produces me with a box. “What is it?” I look at her nervously

“Just open it.”

I do as I’m told and I'm met by a pearl ring. I gasp in surprise and look at her, "I love it. Wow, thank you so much.” I slip it on quickly and it looks nice against my slightly tanned skin.

She gives me a motherly hug, "I just want you to do your best out there. Think of it as an early 18th birthday present considering we won't be there for it because I just know you'll make it to the second round of boot camp." 

I squeeze back tighter so she knows I appreciate her words, "I love you Mum." 

"I love you too sweetie."

--

I've packed my suitcase into the car and Mum keeps drilling me on things that I should've remembered. I roll my eyes countless times, "Yes Mum. I haven't forgotten anything. I know what hotel I'm staying at, I know all the emergency numbers. I know what time I have to be at the studio and everything.

She gives me another big hug, "I'm just disappointed I can't be there."

"Mum, don't fret. I'm 17, I can do these things on my own, and you and Dad need to work anyway."

"Okay honey, if you insist." 

I pull away from the hug and dig around for my car keys in my handbag. I find them and after another hug from my parents and brother, I hop into my small, old model Audi. After sifting through my music, I pick the perfect song and drive away from our house, not bothering to look back. 

--

The drive takes a while and is uneventful but by the time I get to my hotel, I'm tired as heck and can't wait to have a nap. I lounge around a while; order some food for something to do and Skype my friends back home. My food is left untouched because I'm so nervous for tomorrow's event and I find it hard to keep anything in my stomach. Finally, after watching an endless amount of rubbish television, my eyelids start to grow heavy and before I know it, I've dropped off into a nice, peaceful sleep.

--

The next morning, I'm awake and in the shower before the crack of dawn because I have to be at the studio by 9am. After having a satisfying breakfast and making sure I keep myself hydrated, I work on figuring out what to wear. In the end, I decide on a simple floral crop top and a black skater skirt. I choose my studded, black ankle boots over my chuck Taylors and let my hair fall naturally in waves down my back. It takes a while for me to figure out if I want to wear make-up or not and after applying a minimal amount, I'm happy with my image. I pack my oversized fringe back with all the stuff I need before grabbing my keys off the counter and checking out. A valet brings my car around and I follow Google Maps’ directions to my destination. When I pull up, there is already a heap of people lingering around. I park my car and make my way towards the front table, after getting my number and an approximate time of my performance, I find an empty seat inside to let myself relax. Two girls seat themselves next to me, and I know it's rude but I listen in on their conversation just for something to do. They're trying to figure out a band name of a famous song from Armageddon and before I can stop myself, my mouth is forming the title they've been searching for, "Aerosmith."