Fifteen - The Jingle Bell Ball

Chapter Fifteen

Yeah, I don't know, I've had this written for a while. Keep an eye out for the next chapter. It'll be up as soon as I find time to edit it. Worrrd. Hope you enjoy this!

P.S I will try and write the next chapter of Thought of Her this week, no promises though as I am super busy. Oops. 

Lovely/quirky/witty comments and/or nice gesture = lovely/quirky/witty dedications. Emblemler4life96, I will take into consideration your proposal from Chapter 13 ;) haha.

Love all you bitchez tho, you all ma main gurls.  

I hope out of my limo, nervous as heck but a smile plastered to my face nonetheless. I take a deep breath and let Sarah lead me to where I need to go. She says some reassuring things but I’m not really listening. I’m more focused on not tripping in these sky high heels. The ones I've been walking around in the past few days were much more comfortable. Maybe, it's to do with the different designers. I make a mental note of mentioning the little thought to Ally next time I see her. All in all I'm pretty happy with what I'm wearing actually; the dress I’m wearing comes to mid-thigh but is long sleeved so I’m not completely freezing (despite the gaping back, so maybe the long sleeves are slightly irrelevant). I look chic, not too old and not to young, it seems Ally thought about everything in the few days she spent running around like a maniac. My hair is down with no signs of the multi colours strands, just a natural looking ombre in its place. It’s weird, for once I actually feel … pretty. I never dress like this so I feel really glammed up.

Two people I don’t even know have already commented on my outfit, saying I look gorgeous. It makes me blush like a school girl, I never get comments like this ever. When Sarah leads me to the beginning of the carpet, I’m actually feeling confident with how this night may turn out to be.

Sarah gives me a good luck smile and tells me to remember everything we talked about, I just need to relax and be myself. I nod and start my slow wall along the carpet. I remember to smile and change up my poses, and try to co-ordinate with the photographers. When interviewers call me over, I walk to them gracefully and exchange a few words. After a while, I find the the process not frightening at all and soon, I'm having so much fun I almost forget there are a billion and one cameras on me. 

I'm walking along the carpet slowly when I see the boys. I had no idea they would be here and the familiarity makes me happy. Now, I have someone to experience the Jingle Ball with and not be a complete loner or anything. They're in the middle of an interview with Tracy at the moment so a smile finds its way to my face as I skip over to where they are, I've always liked Tracy. 

"Hey guys," I say happily, approaching them as casually as I can. 

All four of them turn to me and as they register just who I am, smiles of their own grow. Drew has that usual goofy grin of his, "Asha! How are you?"

I give them all hugs. I ignore Wes’ whispered comment into my ear about how nice I look, I ignore his extra-long hug and I ignore his lingering hand on the small of my back – I don’t want to have to go through this all now, I’ll talk to him later. Instead, I just reply to Drew, "Fantastic. And you?" I wave at the camera and adding on, "Hey Tracy."

She grins, "Hey Asha. Do you wanna be in our interview? We can kill two birds with one stone. There are so many people here!"

"I'd love too," I reply easily moving away from Wes to squeeze myself in between Drew and Keaton.

For the next couple of minutes Tracy interviews all of us. She asks us about how we met and things like that, as well as asking about our future plans. We manage to keep it chill and light-hearted, well aside from Drew's deep as answers. Although there's something about them that makes me put a few things into perspective. He talks about using music to help inspire others and I've never thought about it like that. After we agree to meet up later after the carpet walk, I find myself really having a good think about Drew's words. I still get interviewed and take pictures but Drew's words have a way of coming back to me.