Ten - Vulnerable

Chapter 10

I'm really happy with how this chapter turned out (: The performance Bridgit Mendler did on the X Factor is on the sidebar, but idk, I imagined it to be better in the story, she was a bit shaky in that performance but oh well. And also, she performed at the end of X Facotr, int his story she performed during the first Live Show elimination. ANyway, enjoy! 

Polyvore is int he external link (: 

I like dedicating chapters tog irls with cute comments (: xox

“You guys nervous?” I ask Emblem3 as Ally does my make-up. They’d come to hang out with me before they were due on stage.

Drew shakes his head, “Not really. Last night was off the chain.”

“That’s good then.”

We discuss who might be going home tonight while my stylist does all the final touches. When she’s completed that, she shoos them out so I can get dressed. I tell them I’ll see them backstage so they leave with cherry goodbye’s. When they’re out the door, Ally grins, “God that Drew is one hot piece of ass.”

I laugh aloud, “Wow that was quick.”

She shrugs, “He’s a beautiful human being.”

“Most people think so. I don’t see it though; he’s such a typical Cali boy.”

“Yeah and because you’ve got the hots for Wes.”

“What?” I exclaim. “Not true!”

She laughs, “Yeah sure honey. It’s so obvious, even when you’re not talking. You two like to sneak glances at each other. I don’t even think you guys realise you’re doing it.”

“Whatever.” I mumble, unsure of how to properly respond to that.

She shrugs me off and pulls out my outfit. My mouth hangs open slightly at the sight of it, “Wow, um that’s … not a lot material.”

"You don't like it?" She pouts. "I thought we could go for something more edgy." 

"Yeah I've noticed but I don't know if it's really me, ya know?"

She pauses for a moment and looks at the outfit, obviously trying to figure how she can modify it. She gets rid of the black, sky-high heels and barely-there shorts and replaces then with red velvet boots and a longer leather skirt to match the black crop top. She looks to me for approval, "Better?"

"Much better." I reply before taking them off her. 

I change into everything and I like it, she scrunches up her face again before handing me a pair of black socks. It makes the outfit look awesome so I'm happy. Ally lets me keep all my normal bracelets on before giving me some black and red pieces to spice it up. When she deems me completed, I look into the mirror and I'm stoked with the final product. I give her a grateful smile, "I could definitely work with this. This, I can tolerate. I like it, thanks Ally." 

"Good, I'm glad because I kind of like this image." She quickly runs the curler through my hair again before ushering me backstage. 

I spot Emblem3 immediately so I go over to them. Drew grins, "Big crowd out there tonight Asha. You nervous?" 

"How big?" I ask, my stomach dropping slightly.

He shrugs, "Bigger than last night, that's for sure." 

"Oh. Great." I reply half-heartedly as the X Factor contestants are called to line-up on stage. 

I wish the boys good luck and they go off to their entrance for the cameras. It's just the One Directions boys and me left. They make their way over to me and I try my best to give them a confident smile. Niall sees straight through it though, "Don't be nervous ay, you'll do fine. Just relax and have a good breather."