𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

I can't help but panic at the photo, she was a spitting image of me

I can't help but panic at the photo, she was a spitting image of me. The big curls, the brown skin we heavenly shared, the big doe brown eyes that enlightened in any room.

"Mariano, I don't know if I can do this" I say turning to him, my heart practically punching it's way out of chest.

Mariano turned to me holding Iris who was sleeping in his neck. "You've got this gorgeous, if you want to leave at anytime tell me okay?" I nodded and he held his hand out for me.

We boarded Enzo's private jet and I looked back at the handsome man yelling into his phone. Those captivating blue eyes lift to look at me, he throws me a wink and I smile waving him off.

I get ready to take a step but my arm is being pulled and I'm falling into his warm embrace. He connects our lips softly and deeply, his lips intoxicating me.

Mariano was going to see his brother and I was going to meet my mother.

Enzo couldn't go because he had to make sure he finds Leonardo. I understood because I didn't know how this meeting would go.

What if she doesn't like me?

What happens when she looks at me and doesn't recognize me or worse she doesn't want to see me?

"I'll be waiting for you mi amore" he placed a loving kiss to my forehead snapping me from my panicked thoughts.

"I love you Enzo" He returned the sweet words helping me up the small stairs, not before grabbing a handful of my ass.

I smacked his hand away making him laugh, I kissed his lips once more before the doors closed.

Iris had fallen asleep in Mariano's arms when he read her a book. He was an amazing father no doubt that he was a great brother as well.

"What if she's not my mother just a woman who shares my same face?"

"Whenever you want to leave, I'll be right there."

I nodded before getting comfortable in the seat and dozing off until we made it.

Mariano knocked on the door, he was excited too see his little brother but nerves were still kicking my ass.

"Milio, get the door please" We heard a woman's voice, Mariano's hands found mine and gave it a reassuring kiss.

A teenaged boy opened the door before looking at me then Iris who nervously played with her fingers. Then up too a stand talking Mariano, once he saw him, he loudly said his name before hugging him.

Then I finally saw a tear fall from Mariano's eyes as he tightly hugged his brother. "I don't think I can call you buddy anymore, you've grown so much" there were hints of sadness in his eyes.