chapter 7

you text jack right before you board your flight. he wishes you a safe trip home.

a few hours later your flight lands and you order an uber back to wisco. you finally arrive back in your room and are greeted by cara, who asks you how your weekend went.

"so, i saw your friend fell in love with my brother." says cara.

"oh, yeah, i guess she did." you laugh.

you really don't know what to say to cara, you guys really haven't clicked. she's so different from you, the only thing you have in common is hockey.

your phone vibrates. it's jack saying he landed. you leave him on delivered and decide to take a nap.

you wake up 6 hours later. you slept through dinner, but you're not really hungry. you check your phone and see no new texts from jack. you're disappointed, you thought he would double text when you never responded.

the next few weeks drag by. you busy with classes, jack busy with hockey. the two of you have only face-timed once or twice, but text often.

thanksgiving break is coming up, and jack wants to fly you up to new jersey for a few days to visit.

"you can meet my family. i'm sure they'll love you." says jack through face time.

"jack." you say.

"zoe."

"what are we." you say. "i know you like me jack, we're not friends but were not dating, so what are we." you say.

"i know you know i like you." jack begins. "i wanted to ask you in person but i guess i'll do it now."

"yes." you say.

"what?" says jack, stunned by your response.

"i said yes."

"you don't even know what i'm gonna ask you, what if i asked you to swim with sharks?" jack jokes.

"i know you're not gonna ask that." you smirk.

"alright, fine, fine. i like you, i think you like me, how about we just date already?" says a smiley jack.

"see, i knew you were gonna ask me that!" you say.

"so we're dating now, wanna get married next week?" laughs jack.

"for sure." you say.

it's a week before you leave for thanksgiving break. you're going to jack's house for the first half, then back home to florida for thanksgiving day.

a week goes by, and you get off the plane at MBS and meet jack at baggage claim where he's waiting for you. you two hug for the first time as a couple, and he quickly kisses you.

"hey." he says.

"hey." you say back.

you two can look at each other without saying a word and understand what the other is thinking.

you put your luggage in the backseat of jack's car and hop in the front seat.

"so, are you excited to meet my family?" jack asks you.

"well, from what you've said, they already know mostly everything about me, you blabbermouth." you say, playfully punching jack's shoulder.

"hey, hey, can you blame me? why wouldn't i want to brag to my parents about you?" you blush as jack pulls into his driveway.

"so. this is the crib." says jack.

"please don't ever say that again." you say, getting out of the passenger seat.

"you're just jealous because i'm so much cooler than you," says jack, as he puts his arm around your shoulder, showcasing his height.

jack opens his front door with you following behind. you're a little nervous, and you hope you can make a good first impression to your boyfriend's family.

"mom, dad, i'm home." jack shouts.

his parents come from around the corner,  welcoming him home.

"guys, this is my girlfriend, zoe."

"oh so nice to meet you zoe, we've heard so many great things about you." says jack's mom, as she hugs you.

jack's dad welcomes you too, and jack has a giant smile on his face.

jack brings you upstairs and you get to see his room in person for the first time.

it's like any boys room: a desk to play video games, multiple hockey sticks laying around, a bed, and dresser.

jack gives you a little tour of his room. he's really proud of showing you his medals he's won, and recalling the memories of the usa team.

"let me get my brothers, they're in their rooms probably playing video games or something. wait here." jack says.

you sit on his bed and a few minutes later, jack walks back in followed by his older brother quinn, and younger brother, luke.

"zoe, meet quinn and luke. quinn and luke, meet zoe." says jack, looking back at you and his brothers.

"hi, nice to meet you guys." you say.

you spend the next few hours sitting on the couch curled up next to jack getting to know his family more. around 6 pm, it's time for family dinner.

during dinner, quinn and luke make fun of jack for liking a girl, as they say it. it doesn't bother you at first, but it gets old fast. you see jack give them a look, and quinn and luke stop making the jokes. quinn is more mature than luke, as he asks you about your personal life, while luke makes jokes the whole time.

you get back to jack's house around 8, and he leads you upstairs back to his room.

"what do you wanna do" jack asks, as he takes off his shirt and sits on the bed.

"i don't know," you say, smiling at jack. you plop down next to him on his bed.

"well i have the NHL game." jack looks at you with a smile on his face, and you start to laugh.

"sure, we can play."'

"yes!" exclaims jack, getting the controllers set up.

jack picks to play as the devils, and you pick to play as the lightning. jack dominates you in the game, and he beats you 7-2.

you change into comfy clothes in jack's bathroom, and get ready for bed.

jack's already laying in bed, and you join him. you two just cuddle for the next hour, enjoy each other's company as you talk.

you eventually fall asleep to the sound of jack snoring with his arms wrapped around your waist.