036. JEALOUSY IS A GOOD LOOK

━━━━━━━(🌉)━━━━━━━

036. JEALOUSY IS A GOOD LOOK

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

WAKING UP IS THE WORST FEELING EVER.

Especially when you're having an absolutely brilliant dream.

That's what she felt like when she heard her phone ring.

She squinted her eyes as they adjusted to the sunlight coming from the window. Escobar tried to move but couldn't as her eyes fell on the brunette boy, who had wrapped his arm around her. Moving his hand away, she answered the caller.

Yara's face popped up on the screen with Zoe trying to jump on the door.

"Hey, Jules! Why'd you take so long to answer?" Yara asked. When the blonde girl heard the conversation, she stepped away from the door and joined her friend sitting on the bed.

"Morning, I've just woken up. What do you expect?"

"You cursing at us." Clancey joked as Yara shook her head. Escobar rubbed her eyes as she copied Yara's actions.

"Anyway, we've decided to meet up with Marcus because he and Shenice have found something. We'll be meeting at Zoe's uncle's place. She has to babysit her younger cousin. Where's meathead?"

Julie turned the phone around so that they could see Louis, who was still asleep.

"You guys are sharing a bed?" Zoe asks.

"Thank me, I am Cupid." Yara announced proudly, placing her hand on her chest and taking a deep breath.

The girl glared at her. "I made a match last year, keep in mind that they were adults. They got married this April. I am a Matchmaker. So that means that I am superior." She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

Julie giggled at their childish behaviour and stopped the two in between. Deciding that they'll be meeting at Zoe's uncle's home this evening with Marcus but not Shenice ─ because she was busy, unfortunately ─ they ended the call.

"Partridge." Julie whispered to him as he groaned and shifted in the bed. "Meathead. Lou the Lemon."

"Lemon?" He asked opening one eye.

"Yeah, the book. Lemon."

"Ugh ─ just 5 minutes."

She knew damn well that his 5 minutes were longer than just that. Wrapping her arms around his torso, she pulled him out of the bed.

"Escobar! Let me sleep!" He protested, grabbing the mattress. A bad try, really.

"No, you've been sleeping too long
this past days."

"It's not like we have to go anywhere."

"I know, but that doesn't mean you get to sleep this long. And put on a shirt!"

"I hate you." Duke ran and jumped on the British boy, licking his face as he meant to say 'Good Morning'. "Yes Duke, you're the only one that I like."

She huffed and held the dog in her arms and petted his head, speaking, "You're unworthy of his love."

With the dog in her arms, she had just stepped out when a pair of arms wrap around her waist, pulling her back.

He uplifted her bridal style as she yelped. "You were saying?" Duke ran off, away in the apartment.

"You did not just ─ "

"Oh I did."

She glared at him and if looks could kill, he'd be six feet under.

"Nevermind, just let me down."

"No."

"Partridge!"

"No."

"Stop being stubborn!"

"No."

"If you don't let me down, I'll tickle you."

"Do it, I dare you."

Smirking, she answers, "Do you want to test me?"

"What are you thinking?"

She starts to tickle him all of a sudden and before they could both realise it, they fell back on the bed.

She gazed into his honey - brown eyes for a while, not knowing that it was longer than just a few seconds. They could help it as the butterflies flapped their contagious wings in their stomachs.

Breaking the tension, she looks away and rolls off him. "We have to go meet the group, oh ─ Marcus will be there too. He and Shenice have found something for our final plan."

At the sound of Marcus' name, his lovesick look fell and was replaced by a ─ well, strange look.

"Why Marcus? You know I don't like him."

"He's Zoe's friend, and ours too."

As she notices the slightly grumpy look on his face, she tilts her head. "Jealousy is a good look on you, Partridge."

Clover's oRbS speak !

Sorry, this update was
shitty because i am
literally writing in this in
my online class. I have
been writing the final
chapters for a while, so
most of the chapters for
a while will be just fillers

A few chapters left before
the finale 😩

also ,, a surprise fic
coming out in a while for
@Axkofandom @vcidpotter

ps, i didn't proofread this