𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

I watch the woman next to me, my arm still securely wrapped around her waist as she nuzzles her face on my chest

Just an hour ago, she was tossing and kicking in her sleep, waking me up suddenly. My headache was gone, and I made a mental note to thank her for the treatment she has given me.

I watch her now docile movements and try to examine her face. Her nose scrunches up every once in a while, hinting at a possible nightmare, but the kicking and turning stopped ever since I put my arms around her.

My moment of silence was cut short by my phone. I hurried up and mute it, looking at the message sent to me.

Mr. Sokolov, the new secretary is outside with your summary packet- Kyle

Why did he not bring it himself?

I slowly take Angel off of me and make my way downstairs. Although my headache was gone, I did still feel a bit drained. I opened the door and was met with someone that was not Susan. Clara, her name tag read.

"Good afternoon Mr. Sokolov, I'm Clara. I'm Susa's replacement, Mr. Williams sent me to bring in your packet." She let out, her voice thick with a beautiful German accent.

Of course, he did.

I give her a nod and reach my hand out to take the document. She puts it on my hand and doesn't leave.

I raise a brow and clear my throat.

She rushes into my house, grabbing my hand, "Sorry, Mr. Williams said you were sick and I didn't think it was that bad, you need to sit down."

Too stunned, I followed her into the kitchen and watched her get a cup of water for me. I took the cup and drank it, relief to soothe my aching throat.

I smile at her as a way of saying thank you, but she doesn't take a hint and hurries to the stove, doing something.

"My grandmother always made me tea when I was sick, hope you don't mind." She says, rummaging through my cupboard and messing up everything,

Leave, please.

"Sorry for stepping out of place Mr. Sokolov, but you need someone to take care of you when you are this sick, you can't be alone."

Before I could even comprehend what she said, a voice interrupted both of us.

"He has someone, you may leave now," Angel says, and we both turn to look at her. She was wearing my shirt and shorts that were barely noticeable.

I smile at Angel, she walks over next to me playing with my hair. I wrap my hand around her waist and rest my head on her chest, resting my eyes.

I hear Ciara shuffle in the background, "Sorry, I didn't realize Mr. Sokolov had company."