13 | song request

BEEP

BEEP.

BEEP.

BEEP.

Gun came back from seven-eleven, holding a plastic bag filled with sodas and chips for their late midnight snacks. While eating in pure silence, all they could hear is the sound of the heart rate monitor beside Singto's bed. Every hour, minute, and second passed, the nervousness they're all feeling increased.

People always said that bad news is just a piece of good news in disguise. Singto's mother wanted to put her faith in it, but what happened today, she doesn't know what to believe anymore. She's happy that the surgery went well as it boosts her hopes for Singto's recovery. But the happiness didn't last for long when the doctor mentioned the failure of completely removing the tumor.

The memories of her late husband flashed before her eyes. She was hopeless, most especially when they were penniless in the past. No one saved them from the misery, and her sufferings didn't stop there when her husband died while she was asleep.

Goodbye wasn't an option. It broke her heart a thousand times, and from that day onward, she promised to herself to make Singto's life better- she failed.

"He's probably dreaming," Singto's mother said in the midst of eating their midnight snacks.

"I guess so," Gun agreed, pointing the beautiful smile plastered on Singto's face.

"Maybe he's dreaming about Krist? Or maybe the good things happened in his life?" New asked, munching the chips while drinking soda at the same time.

"It would be Krist," Gun rolled his eyes while smiling from ear to ear. "Krist was the sole reason why good things happened in his life. He pursued his dreams and fought for his freedom because of him- Krist happened."

"About Krist," Singto's mother interrupted both with a confusing look. "They were happy, right? Singto's happier more than when he's with me. It hurts when I'm not the reason why he's happy, but seeing him with Krist, I know he's safe."

"He's beyond happy," Gun replied, giving an assuring look to Singto's mother.

"Life must be tough living with a mother like me, right? I failed as a mother, not giving him the life he wanted because of my fear that history would repeat itself. I thought I was making the right decision to plan his life all along, but my actions resulted in this- Singto hated me."

"Don't be upset," New added, wiping the corner of his lips using the back of his palm. "Krist made him alive and gave him reasons to live. I know that you couldn't see that right now because of his amnesia, but when they're together, it feels like they have their own world."

"And he doesn't hate you," Gun added, nodding to New.

Singto's mother weakly smiled, quietly looking at Singto from time to time. She regretted not doing the right thing, how she planned his son's future due to her numerous fears. The freedom she refused to give was the root cause of their fight, and she knew that Singto wouldn't forgive her no matter what.