01 | mon bonheur

WHAT IS THE meaning of success?

According to the internet, it simply means the state of achieving the desired goals in life. When a person thrives to become wealthy, they label themselves as successful. When a person finds a stable and high-income job, then they are successful in their career. But for Singto, it means more than that to define success.

He came from a wealthy family and a man of a profession in his field of work, bonus points for his loving friends and lover. In the end, Singto doesn't feel successful— he wonders why.

Why his almost perfect life isn't enough for him?

"Keep that pose, please."

The sound of the camera pressing the shutter filled the studio. A young boy was posing beside a stall waiting for Singto to capture its beauty and elegance. Adjusting the camera a little bit to the right, he took the final photo for his last client today.

Hours had passed editing and sorting the photos he took since morning— he finally called it a day. Heading out from his studio, Singto called his lover. After three rings, the man on the other line answered with extreme excitement. Before starting the busy day, the couple planned a date to celebrate the promotion of Singto's lover.

As a gift, Singto adopted a sphynx cat from an animal shelter.

"That fast?" He chuckled as he locked the door and picked up the cat carrier backpack afterward.

Double-checking the studio, he left on his way to their family's favorite restaurant. Singto isn't a fan of fancy restaurants, but today is an exemption. The promotion calls for a grand and luxurious dinner for the couple, and besides, they deserve a little break from their busy schedules.

"I'm on my way, love. I have a surprise for you. Guess what, you will love it, just like how I did."

Singto ended the call after hearing a pleasant reply from his lover. He couldn't wait to see his lover's reaction to the sphynx cat. Since day one, his lover wanted a cat, but their parents were against the idea of living with a furry friend.

It's not like both families hate having pets, solely they couldn't just stand losing one after years of enjoyment— pets are part of the family after all.

"Good evening! Reservation under Ruangroj?" He said to the staff.

"Good evening, Sir! This way, please."

Singto followed the staff till they reached the backyard of the restaurant. The big and deep swimming pool awaits at the center, with scented candlelight floating, forming the word congratulations. But it's not what caught Singto's eyes as he noticed a familiar figure standing tall while back facing him, patiently waiting for his arrival.

The special dinner he requested was beyond his expectation as he took a glance at the well-prepared table. He briefly examined the place before back hugging his lover tightly like he would lose him any moment from now.