09 | mischievous boy

MORNING CAME, AND the hospital got busier when two buses collided due to a slippery road

MORNING CAME, AND the hospital got busier when two buses collided due to a slippery road. Patients were attended from time to time while the others were still inside the ICU with a critical condition.

Sleeping soundly with the book resting on Singto's chest, his mother barged in, silently scolding herself when she saw how peaceful his son's sleeping position. Singto planned to finish reading the book but fell asleep halfway through it.

Rubbing his eyes when the sunlight greeted him with love, Singto immediately got up and went directly to the comfort room, hardly noticing his mother on the couch. Silently washing his face with cold water, Krist appeared at his back. With a bright smile plastered on Singto's face, he stared at Krist through the mirror.

"Why are you smiling?" Krist asked, walking near the sink and still staring at Singto.

"Why? Is it already a crime to smile early in the morning?" Singto asked back.

"Guess not,"

Singto shook his head before leaving Krist in the comfort room. His eyes grew big upon seeing his mother outside the comfort room with a slight confusing look on her face. She couldn't form any words to throw at his son at the moment, as so as Singto, who couldn't create an excuse about what she just heard.

"Y-You're here,"

"Already half an hour ago,"

"You didn't wake me up. No schedule for me today with the doctor or someone else?"

"T-There is, and I'll be back shortly to escort you, okay? I'll just have a word with your doctor, and we can go on with our business for today."

Singto would be a fool if he didn't notice the tension in the room. As far as he could remember, his schedule today is cleared and will continue tomorrow morning. The nurse stationed outside his private room confirmed his schedule before drowning his attention to the book.

If his mother had other plans for today, that's what scared him the most.

"If you say so,"

Singto was left alone in the room, and there's no longer any signs of Krist as well. Preparing himself for another hectic day, he began to comb his messy hair and change into comfortable jogging pants and a white tee shirt. He wore the knitted beanie hat found lying next to the magazine rack, not knowing who's the owner.

"Perfect!" He said while looking straight at his reflection.

As soon as Singto stepped out from the comfort room, his mother barged in. Singto averted his gaze and went out the room without further questioning. He doesn't have the slightest idea about his appointment for today or the whereabouts itself.

They both walked in silence, constantly hearing the ambulance siren downstairs.

"Singto,"

"Hmm. . ." Singto replied nonchalantly without looking back at his mother.