01 | Return Preparation

Kira walked into the CWC on Sunday morning whilst people were setting up the place for NXT Takeover Wargames on a quest to look for the general manager, William Regal along with looking for Triple H. They had given her a call yesterday, discussing how they could give her a proper final match before she debuts on the main roster seeing as she was finally medically cleared to compete again.

"Uh hey, do you know where Regal and Triple H are?" She asked one of the backstage personal and they pointed in the direction of a meeting room. She nodded and thanked them before making her way over there.

She walked into the room, "Kira! Ah, sit down. So we have this idea that we think you might like for your last match here." Hunter spoke. She nodded and Regal spoke up, "We are thinking of making you the surprise last team member in the Women's Wargames Match. The match is between Team Shirai and Team Kai, you would be the last 4th member of Team Shirai which is made up of Io Shirai, Rhea Ripley and Tegan Nox. And Team Kai is made up of the current champion Dakota Kai, Raquel Gonzalez, Candice LeRae and Toni Storm." 

Kira nodded feeling so much excitement because this would be her first and last wargames match, and she would be able to experience it with one of her best friends Io Shirai. "Alright! I'm cool with that, so when would the match be?" She asked.

"Well, it would be the main event since before your match the Men's Wargames match would be going on." Hunter said and Regal added, "I'd suggest you get your gear and prepare since your final match is later tonight." Kira smiled and nodded, "I'm gonna put on an unforgettable show." She stood up and shook both of the Men's hands before exiting the room.

As Kira was shutting the door she suddenly felt a pair of arms hugging her from behind, very tightly. "Rivera, I've missed you!" Io said letting go of Kira. This caused the girl to giggle, "I've missed you too, though I wish Asuka could've been here then we could all celebrate being reunited." 

"True, also I heard a little birdy say that your gonna be the final surprise member for my team at Wargames tonight." Kira gasped, "Were you eavesdropping?" Io tried to play off the grin forming on her face but failed to, "No.." Kira rolled her eyes and laughed lightly, "I sware Io. Anyways I'd love to catch up but I have to get my gear and prepare for my entrance." She hugged her as Io nodded in understanding and left to find her favorite seamstress, Jessica to talk about what color and design for her gear she was going for tonight.

Kira was chilling on top of a table with her legs crossed while she talked with Jessica. "So you know your match is gonna have literally everyone watching it right?" Jess said gaining Kira's attention, "What do you mean by 'everyone'?"

"Well, most of the superstars on the main roster will be watching the main event since you know Women are main eventing takeover tonight." This came as something completely unexpected to Kira, after all she never would've expected the people she would soon work with would be watching a match she would be in. And as usual, she started to get nervous.

"Hey, I can tell that your nervous but don't be. This is your chance to make a statement before you even arrive on the main roster for RAW." Jessica said leaving the gear she was currently making for Kira to put a hand on her shoulder to calm her down. "Plus, you can show those men and women why they call you the heartless devil." She added.

Kira nodded and once she seemed less nervous, Jessica went back to finish up Kira's gear for tonight. Another thought crossed Kira's mind making her speak up, "You don't happen to know who could be watching my match do you?" Jessica shook her head because truthfully she didn't know but even if she did know she wouldn't of told her since she feared it might cause Kira to be nervous or do something crazy.

A few hours later Kira is sitting in a seat getting her hair and makeup done since she was dressed in her gear. The men's wargames match was currently going on and about to end. She was getting black eyeshadow and red extensions added to her hair and face. By the time she was finished, she went to her locker room where she waited until it was her time to head to the gorilla for her surprise entrance.

So far the match had started off pretty well, Io had started the match with Dakota and since Dakota's team got the advantage, Raquel was heading into the match next. After Raquel the timer did it's usual count down until Ripley, Storm, LeRae and Nox were in the match. At this point, there was broken tables and kendo sticks everywhere in both rings. 

A knock was heard at Rivera's locker room and she opened the door to see a backstage personnel saying, "Your on in 15." She nodded and took one last look at TV in her room before grabbing her hoodie and mask putting them on and making her way to the gorilla.

Once she stood at the gorilla, she instantly got a flush of emotions and memories. All the pain, and struggle she went through because of a knee injury was finally over for her.

She could feel the energy coming from the crowd when she wasn't even outside yet, which said a lot. 

 She missed wrestling for the entire year she was out doing physical therapy and healing. In this exact moment nothing scared her, not even the fact that people she may or may not work with would be watching her match. She knew this was her goodbye to NXT and she wouldn't have it any other way at all.

She looked over to the backstage person seeing them give her a waiting motion telling her to get ready to head out for her entrance. She instantly hyped herself up and took a deep breath making sure her mask and hoodie were on well.

The guy gave her the thumbs up and she walked through the curtains, ready to put on a match for her life.

_-_-_

Thanks for Reading! Don't forget to leave your thoughts in the comments and have a lovely day :)