~16~

Art credits: Scandein on Deviantart :)

Warnings: None this time! (Might be edited later)

N/n: Nickname,anything you want :)

~My revenge can wait~

Y/n had waved Technoblade and Philza off as they disappeared into the overgrown trees, leaving them in a silent house.

Sapnap had brought a cottage a few minutes away from them and Phil, so they were alone for most of the time, considering Philza was out gathering ingredients from the unpredictable Nether, somewhere he'd never let them go alone.

"Maybe Dreams free...Or maybe Sapnap? No, he's probably decorating or buying food, I shouldn't bother him"

They sighed and quickly got changed into a white long-sleeved button up shirt, Brown pants/skirt and belt, making sure to put the charms they had collected over the years on and pocket knife in their belt.

Y/n left the house and decided to go visit Dream, he probably was as bored as they were anyway, so he wouldn't mind...

right?...

_______________________

"Dream? Are you there?"

Y/n knocked on the oak door, waiting a few seconds. They began hearing clashes, bangs and knocks coming from the inside before Dream finally opened the door to greet them, he was breathing extremely heavily and seeming almost nervous.

"Hello Y/n, Sorry, I wasn't expecting you to show up, heh"

He laughed nervously, Y/n knew that Dream was, out of all their friends, were never nervous.

Not even when he was investing murders or disappearances that had been going on for a few weeks, Or the public pressuring them to solve it, he was never Nervous.

"Oh, I can go if you're busy? Sapnap might need help, or maybe Ranboo-"

The mention of their names made the anger inside Dream rise, he instantly grabbed Y/n's arm.

"No! I mean...It's perfectly fine that you're here, come inside N/n!"

He dragged them inside,they noticed the carving knife, paper and ink on the table straight away.

Normally, Dream was a clean and tidy person, especially around Y/n for god knows what reason, but the ink pot was spilled over covered writing, so they couldn't read whatever was originally there,band the carving knife was scratched and withered, obviously in need of sharpening.

"Dream, what were you writing? Reports?"

"Oh- Yes! That's right, Uhm...Reports!"

"You're hesitating, is something wrong, dream boy?"

They noticed him tense up and instantly knew he was hiding something, they had always noticed this a few times before, but this time was different.

the feeling of anger and hatred radiating off of their bestest friend wasn't a new feeling, and they knew something had happened.

"Dream, what's wrong? Did something happen? Are you hurt?.."

The worry in their voice caused him to hold back all the rage,instead he walked and grabbed their hand, trying not to confess right there and then, but not to loving the oblivious Y/n...

To the murders.

"Don't worry about me, my love, I'm completely fine!"

Love? Once again, Y/n was caught off guard, Wilbur only ever called her 'my love', no one else, not even Dream.

Dream only called her N/n and sweetheart, they always cringed a little at the second one, however they didn't mind N/n.

But why did he call them 'My Love' now?

"Dream, you're not acting like yourself, I've ignored it until now but now it's even more obvious! Please, just tell me what's wrong..."

Y/n wanted him to trust them enough to tell them what he was thinking, but it was almost like he was hiding it from them, and possibly everyone else, it can't be that important, could it?

Could he really hide secrets from them after they had shared so many?

"Y/n, trust me, nothing is wrong, I'm just tired today, all the pressure of finding this killer, I think it's finally getting to me"

"normally that doesn't affect you. Do you really care for this case that much? It's not worth it, Dream, I know you'll find the killer not matter what, just promise me you'll start sleeping more?"

"Fine, but only because I want to, I'm sorry N/n"

Y/n sighed and hugged the man tighter then they ever had before, trying to comfort him just as much as he used to comfort them when they were upset, they both stayed together for the rest of the day, trying to cheer each other up by telling jokes, Dream told Y/n stories from all over the world, due to his rank in the royal forces, he is basically forced to travel around nations, even fighting enemies at times.

__________________________

Eventually night fell, but neither of them moved from their sleeping positions, Y/n laying on top of Dreams chest and hugging his sides, he rested his hands on the back of their head, gently stroking their hair and imagining being like this for eternity.

During the night, Dream had woken up suddenly, not knowing what woke him, or why, but he noticed Y/n getting a little uncomfortable because he had moved from their original place.

He picked them up and carried them upstairs to his room, placing them gently on the bed and laying next to them a few seconds later, pulling the covers onto both of them as he hugged them big spoon style, letting them move around slightly to get comfortable.

Relax, my love...

I'll stay here for as long as I need to be.

1007 words      16/7/21      02:28

I'm sorry if this chapter was a little shorter then normal! I'll probably edit this later and add more to make it more structured

Anyways,on a different note!
I just uploaded a new story!
It's a Hanako x reader story where the reader is the 8th wonder,set in a slightly different AU of course!
Only the Intro is out right now,but I'll be working on it everyday hopefully,I can't promise a chapter will be out every day though!

Thanks for reading!

:]

Edited —>   10/03/2023    09:19 pm